The Montana Grizzlies (17-10, 10-6 Big Sky) are 6.5-point underdogs as they look to stop a three-game road losing streak when they square off against the Southern Utah Thunderbirds (17-9, 11-5 Big Sky) on Thursday, February 24, 2022 at America First Event Center. The matchup airs at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 143.
Southern Utah vs. Montana Predictions
Southern Utah vs. Montana Betting Odds
|Southern Utah||-6.5||143 points|
Southern Utah vs. Montana Last 10 Games
- Southern Utah has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Southern Utah and its opponents have hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Thunderbirds games averaged 6.0 more points (149.0) than this matchup’s point total.
- Across their last 10 games, the Thunderbirds have scored 0.4 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Montana has a 6-4 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Montana games have exceeded the set total seven times.
- The past 10 Grizzlies games averaged 4.4 fewer points (138.6) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Grizzlies have scored 1.7 fewer points per contest compared to their 72.7 PPG season-long scoring average.
Southern Utah vs. Montana Betting Trends
- Southern Utah has compiled an 8-16-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 6.5-point favorites or more, the Thunderbirds have an ATS record of 6-9.
- This season, Southern Utah’s games have hit the over 15 times out of 24 chances.
- The 79.7 points per game the Thunderbirds put up are 14.1 more points than the Grizzlies give up (65.6).
- Southern Utah is 8-12 against the spread and 15-7 overall when scoring more than 65.6 points.
- Montana has covered the spread 12 times in 24 games with a set spread.
- The Grizzlies have an ATS record of 1-3 when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- This season, 15 of Montana’s games have gone over the point total out of 24 chances.
- The Grizzlies score an average of 72.7 points per game, just 0.2 fewer points than the 72.9 the Thunderbirds give up.
- Montana has put together a 7-3-1 ATS record and a 10-4 overall record in games it scores more than 72.9 points.
Southern Utah vs. Montana Over/Under Trends
- This season, 17 of Southern Utah’s 24 games have gone over Thursday’s total of 143 points.
- In Montana’s 24 games this season, 11 have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s point total of 143.
- The Thunderbirds average 79.7 points per game against the Grizzlies’ 72.7, amounting to 9.4 points over the game’s over/under of 143.
- This matchup’s total is 4.5 fewer points than the 138.5 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- The Thunderbirds have seen a 147.3 average over/under in their games this season, 4.3 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 6.8 points separates this matchup’s over/under (143 points) and the average total points bet in Grizzlies’ games (136.2 points) this season.
Southern Utah Team Leaders
- John Knight III: 13.9 PTS, 2.1 STL, 51.6 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (4-for-11)
- Maizen Fausett: 12.8 PTS, 8.5 REB, 49.2 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (30-for-88)
- Tevian Jones: 15.5 PTS, 39.6 FG%, 32.2 3PT% (55-for-171)
- Dre Marin: 10.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 40.8 FG%, 36.3 3PT% (45-for-124)
- Jason Spurgin: 7.0 PTS, 70.3 FG%, 42.9 3PT% (6-for-14)
Montana Team Leaders
- Josh Bannan: 14.6 PTS, 8.1 REB, 50.3 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (21-for-61)
- Cameron Parker: 9.3 PTS, 5.1 AST, 51.2 FG%, 34.3 3PT% (12-for-35)
- Robby Beasley III: 11.9 PTS, 39.6 FG%, 38.7 3PT% (60-for-155)
- Brandon Whitney: 10.8 PTS, 48.1 FG%, 23.1 3PT% (6-for-26)
- Derrick Carter-Hollinger: 6.3 PTS, 45.7 FG%, 40.0 3PT% (18-for-45)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.