The Pepperdine Waves (7-22, 1-13 WCC) are heavy underdogs (+10.5) as they try to stop a four-game losing streak when they host the Santa Clara Broncos (18-10, 8-5 WCC) at 10:00 PM ET on Thursday, February 24, 2022 at Firestone Fieldhouse. The matchup’s point total is set at 154.
Santa Clara vs. Pepperdine Predictions
Santa Clara vs. Pepperdine Betting Odds
|Santa Clara||-10.5||154 points|
Santa Clara vs. Pepperdine Last 10 Games
- Santa Clara covered the spread seven times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Santa Clara and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Broncos games averaged 147.5 total points, 6.5 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Broncos’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 0.1 points higher than their season-long average.
- Pepperdine covered the spread five times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 1-9 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Pepperdine games have surpassed the set total six times.
- The last 10 Waves games averaged 145 total points, nine fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- During their last 10 games, the Waves have scored 1.4 fewer points per contest compared to their 68.4 PPG season-long scoring average.
Santa Clara vs. Pepperdine Betting Trends
- Santa Clara has covered the spread 16 times this season (16-11-1).
- The Broncos are 3-2 ATS when playing as at least 10.5-point favorites.
- This season, 17 of Santa Clara’s games have gone over the point total.
- The 76.6 points per game the Broncos average are the same as the Waves allow.
- When Santa Clara puts up more than 77.3 points, it is 10-5-1 against the spread and 15-2 overall.
- Pepperdine has covered the spread 12 times in 28 games with a set spread.
- The Waves have an ATS record of 4-6 when playing as at least 10.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Pepperdine have hit the over 12 times out of 28 chances this year.
- The Waves’ 68.4 points per game are only 3.2 fewer points than the 71.6 the Broncos allow.
- Pepperdine has put together a 6-5 ATS record and a 5-7 overall record in games it scores more than 71.6 points.
Santa Clara vs. Pepperdine Over/Under Trends
- This season, eight of Santa Clara’s 28 games have gone over Thursday’s over/under of 154 points.
- There have been eight Pepperdine games that have finished with a combined score higher than 154 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 145 points per game, 9.0 points fewer than the total of 154 for this game.
- This game’s point total is 5.1 fewer points than the 148.9 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Broncos games is 9.6 points fewer than the over/under of 154 points in this matchup.
- A difference of 9.6 points separates this game’s over/under (154 points) and the average total points bet in Waves’ games (144.4 points) this season.
Santa Clara Team Leaders
- Jalen Williams: 17.7 PTS, 1.2 STL, 51.1 FG%, 40 3PT% (34-for-85)
- Keshawn Justice: 13.3 PTS, 7.3 REB, 43.1 FG%, 42.9 3PT% (66-for-154)
- Parker Braun: 7.8 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 56.8 FG%, 38.2 3PT% (13-for-34)
- Josip Vrankic: 14.6 PTS, 1.4 STL, 53.7 FG%, 32 3PT% (8-for-25)
- PJ Pipes: 11.8 PTS, 42 FG%, 33.9 3PT% (39-for-115)
Pepperdine Team Leaders
- Houston Mallette: 13 PTS, 43.6 FG%, 37.6 3PT% (64-for-170)
- Mike Mitchell Jr.: 8.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 37.7 FG%, 41.1 3PT% (51-for-124)
- Jan Zidek: 13.4 PTS, 43.1 FG%, 30.6 3PT% (34-for-111)
- Jade’ Smith: 8.6 PTS, 42.2 FG%, 21.4 3PT% (6-for-28)
- Maxwell Lewis: 11 PTS, 1.1 STL, 42.2 FG%, 36.3 3PT% (33-for-91)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.