Two hot teams square off when the Long Island Sharks (13-13, 10-6 NEC) host the Merrimack Warriors (14-15, 8-7 NEC) on Thursday, February 24, 2022 at 7:00 PM ET. The Warriors are 8.5-point underdogs and will try to keep their four-game win streak allive against the Sharks, winners of four straight. The over/under in the matchup is set at 134.5.
LIU vs. Merrimack Predictions
LIU vs. Merrimack Betting Odds
LIU vs. Merrimack Last 10 Games
- LIU has a 6-4 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- LIU’s past 10 contests saw four hit the over.
- The Sharks’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 147.2 points scored. That’s 12.7 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During the past 10 games, the Sharks are scoring 2.8 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Merrimack is 5-5 overall and 3-7-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Merrimack’s last 10 games saw eight hit the over.
- The Warriors’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 125.9 points scored. That’s 8.6 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Warriors have scored 5.6 more points per contest compared to their 58.6 PPG season-long scoring average.
LIU vs. Merrimack Betting Trends
- LIU has covered the spread in a matchup 11 times this season (11-12-0).
- The Sharks have a perfect 2-0 ATS record when playing as at least 8.5-point favorites.
- Games involving LIU have hit the over nine times out of 23 chances this season.
- The Sharks record 74.3 points per game, 12.4 more points than the 61.9 the Warriors give up.
- When LIU scores more than 61.9 points, it is 11-9 against the spread and 13-10 overall.
- Merrimack is 11-14-1 against the spread this year.
- The Warriors have an ATS record of 2-3-1 when playing as at least 8.5-point underdogs.
- Merrimack’s games have gone over the total 13 times out of 26 chances this year.
- The Warriors average 14.3 fewer points per game (58.6) than the Sharks allow (72.9).
- Merrimack is 4-1 against the spread and 6-0 overall when it scores more than 72.9 points.
LIU vs. Merrimack Over/Under Trends
- This season, 17 of LIU’s 23 games have gone over Thursday’s total of 134.5 points.
- There have been eight Merrimack games that have finished with a combined score higher than 134.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 132.9 points per game, 1.6 points fewer than the over/under of 134.5 for this matchup.
- These two teams surrender a combined 134.8 points per game, 0.3 more than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Sharks have seen a 145.6 over/under in their games this season, 11.1 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- Warriors games have an over/under of 125.7 points this season, 8.8 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
LIU Team Leaders
- Tyrn Flowers: 19.3 PTS, 7.8 REB, 1.4 STL, 1.6 BLK, 45.5 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (77-for-197)
- Eral Penn: 16.4 PTS, 7.4 REB, 1.4 STL, 1.1 BLK, 42 FG%, 27.6 3PT% (32-for-116)
- Isaac Kante: 11.6 PTS, 7.3 REB, 51.6 FG%, 19 3PT% (4-for-21)
- Kyndall Davis: 9.3 PTS, 1.3 STL, 44 FG%, 28.4 3PT% (25-for-88)
- Tre Wood: 6.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 37.8 FG%, 22 3PT% (11-for-50)
Merrimack Team Leaders
- Jordan Minor: 15 PTS, 8.1 REB, 1.5 STL, 2.4 BLK, 53 FG%
- Mikey Watkins: 9.7 PTS, 1.8 STL, 40.9 FG%, 30.1 3PT% (22-for-73)
- Ziggy Reid: 10.4 PTS, 1.3 STL, 34.1 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (38-for-122)
- Malik Edmead: 9.5 PTS, 1.5 STL, 43 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (25-for-67)
- Jordan McKoy: 4.7 PTS, 41.1 FG%, 40.2 3PT% (35-for-87)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.