The No. 15 Illinois Fighting Illini (19-7, 12-4 Big Ten) are 6-point favorites as they try to continue a three-game home win streak when they square off against the No. 22 Ohio State Buckeyes (17-7, 10-5 Big Ten) on Thursday, February 24, 2022 at State Farm Center. The matchup airs at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is 141.
Illinois vs. Ohio State Predictions
Illinois vs. Ohio State Betting Odds
Illinois vs. Ohio State Last 10 Games
- Illinois is 7-3 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- The final score of the past 10 Illinois games has gone over the set total five times.
- The last 10 Fighting Illini games averaged 140.9 total points, 0.1 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- During the last 10 games, the Fighting Illini are scoring 5.0 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Ohio State covered the spread seven times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Ohio State games have exceeded the set total five times.
- The past 10 Buckeyes games averaged 1.9 fewer points (139.1) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over the past 10 games, the Buckeyes are scoring 72.7 points per game compared to their 74.2 season average.
Illinois vs. Ohio State Betting Trends
- Illinois has covered the spread 12 times this season (12-13-0).
- The Fighting Illini have an ATS record of 8-7 when playing as at least 6-point favorites.
- Illinois’ games have gone over the total 15 times out of 25 chances this season.
- The Fighting Illini put up 76.0 points per game, 9.2 more points than the 66.8 the Buckeyes allow.
- Illinois has a 12-8 record against the spread and a 17-3 record overall when putting up more than 66.8 points.
- Ohio State has covered the spread 13 times this season (13-10-0).
- In games they have played as 6-point underdogs or more, the Buckeyes have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- This year, Ohio State’s games have hit the over 14 times out of 23 chances.
- The Buckeyes score 7.5 more points per game (74.2) than the Fighting Illini give up (66.7).
- Ohio State has put together a 13-6 ATS record and a 16-3 overall record in games it scores more than 66.7 points.
Illinois vs. Ohio State Over/Under Trends
- This season, Illinois and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s over/under of 141 points 13 times.
- This season, 10 games Ohio State played finished with a combined score over 141 points.
- The total for the contest of 141 is 9.2 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Fighting Illini (76.0 points per game) and the Buckeyes (74.2 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 133.5 points per game, 7.5 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Fighting Illini have seen a 142 average over/under in their games this season, one point more than the over/under in this matchup.
- Buckeyes games have an over/under of 139 points this season, two points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Illinois Team Leaders
- Kofi Cockburn: 21.7 PTS, 11.2 REB, 60.8 FG%
- Trent Frazier: 12.4 PTS, 1.4 STL, 40.7 FG%, 34.2 3PT% (54-for-158)
- Alfonso Plummer: 14.7 PTS, 42.7 FG%, 39.2 3PT% (74-for-189)
- Jacob Grandison: 10.5 PTS, 45.8 FG%, 41.8 3PT% (51-for-122)
- Da’Monte Williams: 3.9 PTS, 28.8 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (20-for-65)
Ohio State Team Leaders
- E.J. Liddell: 19.5 PTS, 7.6 REB, 2.4 BLK, 51 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (35-for-89)
- Malaki Branham: 11.8 PTS, 47.9 FG%, 45.2 3PT% (28-for-62)
- Zed Key: 8.8 PTS, 58.4 FG%
- Jamari Wheeler: 7 PTS, 1.4 STL, 47.5 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (25-for-69)
- Kyle Young: 8.1 PTS, 50 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (13-for-41)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.