The Texas State Bobcats (19-6, 10-3 Sun Belt) will attempt to extend a seven-game winning streak when they hit the road to play the South Alabama Jaguars (18-9, 8-6 Sun Belt) on Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at Mitchell Center as 3.5-point underdogs. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 132.5 points.
South Alabama vs. Texas State Predictions
South Alabama vs. Texas State Betting Odds
|South Alabama||-3.5||132.5 points|
South Alabama vs. Texas State Last 10 Games
- South Alabama covered the spread six times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- South Alabama’s past 10 outings saw three go over the total.
- The Jaguars’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 138.2 points scored. That’s 5.7 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During the past 10 games, the Jaguars are scoring 4.1 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Texas State is 7-3 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- Texas State and its opponents have hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Bobcats games averaged 131.5 total points, one fewer point than this matchup’s point total.
- During their last 10 games, the Bobcats have a 67.9 points-per-game average, 3.6 points below their season-long scoring average.
South Alabama vs. Texas State Betting Trends
- South Alabama has covered the spread in a game 14 times this season (14-9-0).
- In games they were favored in by 3.5 points or more so far this season, the Jaguars have gone 7-3 against the spread.
- This season, 11 of South Alabama’s games have gone over the point total out of 23 chances.
- The Jaguars record 9.4 more points per game (72.4) than the Bobcats give up (63).
- South Alabama has a 13-5 record against the spread and an 18-4 record overall when scoring more than 63 points.
- Texas State has covered the spread 10 times over 21 games with a set spread.
- The Bobcats have yet to cover the spread (0-3) when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Texas State have hit the over 12 times out of 21 chances this year.
- The Bobcats’ 71.5 points per game are 8.1 more points than the 63.4 the Jaguars give up.
- When it scores more than 63.4 points, Texas State is 9-4 against the spread and 17-0 overall.
South Alabama vs. Texas State Over/Under Trends
- This season, South Alabama games have hit the over on this game’s 132.5-point total 14 times.
- In Texas State’s 21 games this season, 11 have finished with more combined scoring than Wednesday’s over/under of 132.5.
- The Jaguars average 72.4 points per game against the Bobcats’ 71.5, totaling 11.4 points over the contest’s point total of 132.5.
- The 126.4 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 6.1 fewer than the 132.5 over/under in this contest.
- The Jaguars have seen a 137.3 average over/under in their games this season, 4.8 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 0.4 points fewer than the average over/under in Bobcats’ games this season (132.9 points).
South Alabama Team Leaders
- Charles Manning Jr.: 15.9 PTS, 1.3 STL, 44.2 FG%, 24.7 3PT% (23-for-93)
- Jay Jay Chandler: 16.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 46.5 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (34-for-95)
- Javon Franklin: 11 PTS, 7.5 REB, 1.2 STL, 1.2 BLK, 65 FG%
- Kayo Goncalves: 7.4 PTS, 37.2 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (59-for-162)
- Diante Smith: 7.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 40.1 FG%, 39.6 3PT% (42-for-106)
Texas State Team Leaders
- Isiah Small: 11.3 PTS, 1.3 STL, 46.3 FG%, 29.4 3PT% (20-for-68)
- Caleb Asberry: 13.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 42.8 FG%, 36.5 3PT% (50-for-137)
- Mason Harrell: 11.5 PTS, 49 FG%, 38.7 3PT% (24-for-62)
- Shelby Adams: 9.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 52.7 FG%, 50 3PT% (17-for-34)
- Nighael Ceaser: 8.3 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 59.7 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.