The No. 11 Providence Friars (22-3, 12-2 Big East) are at home in Big East action against the Xavier Musketeers (17-9, 7-8 Big East) on Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 7:00 PM ET. The Friars are 1.5-point favorites in the game. The point total in the matchup is 139.5.
Providence vs. Xavier Predictions
Providence vs. Xavier Betting Odds
Providence vs. Xavier Last 10 Games
- Providence has a 9-1 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Providence and its opponents have combined to hit the over in seven of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Friars games averaged 1.9 fewer points (137.6) than this matchup’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Friars have a points-per-game average 3.9 points above their season-long scoring average.
- Xavier is 2-8-0 against the spread and 4-6 overall in its last 10 contests.
- Xavier and its opponents have hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- The Musketeers’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 141.1 points scored. That’s 1.6 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Musketeers have scored 3.8 fewer points per contest compared to their 72.7 PPG season-long scoring average.
Providence vs. Xavier Betting Trends
- Providence has gone 12-11-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 1.5 points or more so far this season, the Friars have gone 5-9 against the spread.
- Providence games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 13 times out of 24 chances this season.
- The Friars record 5.2 more points per game (71.4) than the Musketeers give up (66.2).
- Providence is 8-8 against the spread and 17-1 overall when scoring more than 66.2 points.
- Xavier has put together a 12-12-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Musketeers have an ATS record of 3-2 when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- Xavier’s games have gone over the total nine times out of 24 chances this season.
- The Musketeers’ 72.7 points per game are 6.9 more points than the 65.8 the Friars give up.
- Xavier has put together an 11-5 ATS record and a 15-3 overall record in games it scores more than 65.8 points.
Providence vs. Xavier Over/Under Trends
- Providence and its opponents have combined to go over Wednesday’s over/under of 139.5 points 12 times this season.
- There have been nine Xavier games that have finished with a combined score higher than 139.5 points this season.
- The Friars average 71.4 points per game against the Musketeers’ 72.7, totaling 4.6 points over the game’s total of 139.5.
- These two teams surrender a combined 132 points per game, 7.5 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Friars have seen a 135.6 average over/under in their games this season, 3.9 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- Musketeers’ games have a total points bet of 139.7 points this season, 0.2 points more than the over/under for this contest.
Providence Team Leaders
- Noah Horchler: 10.0 PTS, 8.5 REB, 46.0 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (45-for-108)
- Nate Watson: 14.2 PTS, 56.4 FG%
- Al Durham: 13.4 PTS, 33.3 FG%, 21.3 3PT% (19-for-89)
- Jared Bynum: 12.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 44.8 FG%, 45.2 3PT% (33-for-73)
- Justin Minaya: 6.3 PTS, 41.9 FG%, 33.8 3PT% (23-for-68)
Xavier Team Leaders
- Jack Nunge: 13.4 PTS, 7.2 REB, 1.5 BLK, 53.2 FG%, 35.2 3PT% (25-for-71)
- Colby Jones: 10.2 PTS, 7.5 REB, 1.6 STL, 46.0 FG%, 28.0 3PT% (14-for-50)
- Paul Scruggs: 12.0 PTS, 1.5 STL, 42.7 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (26-for-79)
- Zach Freemantle: 9.8 PTS, 44.1 FG%, 14.7 3PT% (5-for-34)
- Nate Johnson: 9.8 PTS, 41.8 FG%, 39.4 3PT% (50-for-127)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.