ACC foes square off when the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (19-8, 12-4 ACC) host the Syracuse Orange (15-12, 9-7 ACC) at Purcell Pavilion, tipping off at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 23, 2022. The Orange are 4.5-point underdogs in the game. The point total is set at 146.5 in the matchup.
Notre Dame vs. Syracuse Predictions
Notre Dame vs. Syracuse Betting Odds
|Notre Dame||-4.5||146.5 points|
Notre Dame vs. Syracuse Last 10 Games
- Notre Dame covered the spread seven times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- Notre Dame and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Fighting Irish games averaged 8.7 fewer points (137.8) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Fighting Irish have a points-per-game average 0.4 points above their season-long scoring average.
- Syracuse is 7-3 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- Syracuse’s last 10 contests saw five hit the over.
- The past 10 Orange games averaged 0.7 more points (147.2) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Orange have a 76 points-per-game average, 1.3 points below their season-long scoring average.
Notre Dame vs. Syracuse Betting Trends
- Notre Dame has registered a 14-13-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Fighting Irish have an ATS record of 3-7 when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- Notre Dame games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 13 times this season.
- The Fighting Irish average 71.2 points per game, just 2.6 fewer points than the 73.8 the Orange allow.
- When Notre Dame puts up more than 73.8 points, it is 6-2 against the spread and 7-1 overall.
- Syracuse is 15-13-0 against the spread this year.
- The Orange are 2-4 ATS when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- This season, 14 of Syracuse’s games have gone over the point total out of 28 chances.
- The Orange score 10.7 more points per game (77.3) than the Fighting Irish allow (66.6).
- When it scores more than 66.6 points, Syracuse is 13-8 against the spread and 14-7 overall.
Notre Dame vs. Syracuse Over/Under Trends
- Notre Dame and its opponents have combined to go over Wednesday’s over/under of 146.5 points eight times this season.
- There have been 17 Syracuse games that have finished with a combined score higher than 146.5 points this season.
- The Fighting Irish average 71.2 points per game against the Orange’s 77.3, totaling two points over the contest’s over/under of 146.5.
- This game’s total is 6.1 fewer points than the 140.4 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Fighting Irish games is 137.4 points, 9.1 fewer than the over/under of 146.5 points for this contest.
- Orange’s games have a total points bet of 147.1 points this season, 0.6 points more than the over/under for this game.
Notre Dame Team Leaders
- Paul Atkinson: 12.3 PTS, 59.2 FG%
- Dane Goodwin: 14.6 PTS, 50.9 FG%, 46.4 3PT% (58-for-125)
- Blake Wesley: 14.7 PTS, 1.3 STL, 41.4 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (49-for-149)
- Nate Laszewski: 8.5 PTS, 49.4 FG%, 44.4 3PT% (40-for-90)
- Prentiss Hubb: 8.7 PTS, 35.7 FG%, 30.6 3PT% (41-for-134)
Syracuse Team Leaders
- Buddy Boeheim: 19 PTS, 1.4 STL, 40 FG%, 33.6 3PT% (73-for-217)
- Cole Swider: 13.4 PTS, 7 REB, 43.4 FG%, 39 3PT% (62-for-159)
- Jesse Edwards: 12 PTS, 1.1 STL, 2.8 BLK, 69.1 FG%
- Joseph Girard III: 13.7 PTS, 1.8 STL, 40.4 FG%, 43 3PT% (74-for-172)
- Jimmy Boeheim: 13.4 PTS, 46.8 FG%, 39.2 3PT% (29-for-74)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.