The Michigan Wolverines (14-11, 8-7 Big Ten) host the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (16-10, 10-6 Big Ten) in a matchup of Big Ten teams at Crisler Center, beginning at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 23, 2022. The Wolverines are 5.5-point favorites in the game. The matchup has an over/under set at 135.5 points.
Michigan vs. Rutgers Predictions
Michigan vs. Rutgers Betting Odds
Michigan vs. Rutgers Last 10 Games
- Michigan has a 6-4 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Michigan and its opponents have combined to hit the over in seven of those 10 games.
- The Wolverines’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 140.1 points scored. That’s 4.6 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Wolverines have a points-per-game average 0.2 points above their season-long scoring average.
- Rutgers covered the spread four times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- Rutgers’ past 10 contests saw six go over the total.
- The last 10 Scarlet Knights games averaged 136.5 total points, one more point than this matchup’s point total.
- Across their last 10 games, the Scarlet Knights have scored 3.2 fewer points per contest compared to their 68.6 PPG season-long scoring average.
Michigan vs. Rutgers Betting Trends
- Michigan is 10-14-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 5.5 points or more so far this season, the Wolverines have gone 6-6 against the spread.
- Games involving Michigan have hit the over 13 times out of 24 chances this season.
- The 72.2 points per game the Wolverines average are 6.9 more points than the Scarlet Knights give up (65.3).
- Michigan has a 10-5 record against the spread and a 12-4 record overall when scoring more than 65.3 points.
- Rutgers has covered the spread four times in 12 games with a set spread.
- The Scarlet Knights are 1-2 ATS when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- Rutgers’ games have gone over the total seven times out of 12 chances this year.
- The Scarlet Knights’ 68.6 points per game are equal to what the Wolverines give up to opponents.
- Rutgers has put together a 3-3 ATS record and a 12-4 overall record in games it scores more than 68.6 points.
Michigan vs. Rutgers Over/Under Trends
- This season, 15 of Michigan’s 24 games have gone over Wednesday’s total of 135.5 points.
- This season, seven games Rutgers played finished with a combined score over 135.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 140.8 points per game, 5.3 points more than the point total of 135.5 for this matchup.
- These two teams surrender a combined 133.9 points per game, 1.6 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Wolverines have seen a 140 over/under in their games this season, 4.5 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- Scarlet Knights’ games have a total points bet of 136.1 points this season, 0.6 points more than the over/under for this game.
Michigan Team Leaders
- Hunter Dickinson: 18 PTS, 8.1 REB, 1.2 BLK, 56.5 FG%, 35.6 3PT% (16-for-45)
- DeVante Jones: 9.4 PTS, 43.7 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (18-for-55)
- Eli Brooks: 12.4 PTS, 44.7 FG%, 40.7 3PT% (44-for-108)
- Moussa Diabate: 9.3 PTS, 57.4 FG%, 21.4 3PT% (3-for-14)
- Caleb: 9.9 PTS, 38.7 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (42-for-122)
Rutgers Team Leaders
- Ron Harper Jr.: 15.5 PTS, 1.2 STL, 42.5 FG%, 40.4 3PT% (55-for-136)
- Clifford Omoruyi: 11.6 PTS, 8 REB, 1.3 BLK, 59.8 FG%
- Paul Mulcahy: 9.3 PTS, 5.5 AST, 1.3 STL, 45.1 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (22-for-63)
- Caleb McConnell: 6.4 PTS, 2.3 STL, 37.3 FG%, 27.9 3PT% (12-for-43)
- Geo Baker: 12.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 40.3 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (41-for-123)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.