The West Virginia Mountaineers (14-13, 3-11 Big 12) visit the Iowa State Cyclones (18-9, 5-9 Big 12) after losing eight straight road games. The Cyclones are favored by 5.5 points in the contest, which begins at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 23, 2022. The over/under for the matchup is set at 129.5.
Iowa State vs. West Virginia Predictions
Iowa State vs. West Virginia Betting Odds
|Iowa State||-5.5||129.5 points|
Iowa State vs. West Virginia Last 10 Games
- Iowa State covered the spread four times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Iowa State games has exceeded the set total five times.
- The last 10 Cyclones games averaged 128.0 total points, 1.5 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Cyclones have scored 5.8 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- West Virginia is 2-8-0 against the spread over its past 10 games, and has a 1-9 straight-up record in those contests.
- West Virginia’s last 10 contests saw eight hit the over.
- The past 10 Mountaineers games averaged 6.3 more points (135.8) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Mountaineers have scored 1.9 fewer points per contest compared to their 67.9 PPG season-long scoring average.
Iowa State vs. West Virginia Betting Trends
- Iowa State has covered the spread 14 times over 26 games with a set spread.
- In games this season when favored by 5.5 points or more, the Cyclones have gone 4-5 against the spread.
- Games involving Iowa State have hit the over 11 times out of 26 chances this season.
- The Cyclones put up 67.6 points per game, just 0.2 more points than the 67.4 the Mountaineers allow.
- Iowa State is 9-4 against the spread and 12-2 overall when scoring more than 67.4 points.
- West Virginia has gone 10-17-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 5.5-point underdogs or more, the Mountaineers have an ATS record of 1-5.
- This year, West Virginia’s games have hit the over 16 times.
- The Mountaineers’ 67.9 points per game are 6.3 more points than the 61.6 the Cyclones give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 61.6 points, West Virginia is 9-11 against the spread and 12-8 overall.
Iowa State vs. West Virginia Over/Under Trends
- This season, Iowa State and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s total of 129.5 points 12 times.
- This season, 18 of West Virginia’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 129.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 135.5 points per game, 6.0 points more than the point total of 129.5 for this game.
- This game’s total is 0.5 fewer points than the 129 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the Cyclones have seen a 132.8 over/under in their games this season, 3.3 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 6.4 points separates the average total points bet in Mountaineers’ games (135.9 points) and this matchup’s over/under (129.5 points).
Iowa State Team Leaders
- Izaiah Brockington: 17.3 PTS, 7.5 REB, 1.2 STL, 47.5 FG%, 40.0 3PT% (24-for-60)
- Tyrese Hunter: 11.0 PTS, 1.9 STL, 40.3 FG%, 22.8 3PT% (23-for-101)
- Gabe Kalscheur: 9.4 PTS, 1.3 STL, 34.7 FG%, 24.2 3PT% (32-for-132)
- George Conditt IV: 5.1 PTS, 67.1 FG%
- Aljaz Kunc: 6.1 PTS, 46.8 FG%, 42.9 3PT% (30-for-70)
West Virginia Team Leaders
- Taz Sherman: 18.7 PTS, 1.4 STL, 42.5 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (52-for-149)
- Jalen Bridges: 9.1 PTS, 41.8 FG%, 33.0 3PT% (34-for-103)
- Sean McNeil: 12.7 PTS, 42.2 FG%, 38.2 3PT% (50-for-131)
- Gabe Osabuohien: 4.4 PTS, 1.3 STL, 41.7 FG%
- Malik Curry: 7.9 PTS, 43.1 FG%, 12.0 3PT% (3-for-25)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.