The Georgia Southern Eagles (11-14, 4-10 Sun Belt) will try to halt a five-game losing streak when they host the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (12-13, 7-8 Sun Belt) on Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at W.S. Hanner Fieldhouse as just 1.5-point favorites. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 136.5.
Georgia Southern vs. Louisiana Predictions
Georgia Southern vs. Louisiana Betting Odds
|Georgia Southern||-1.5||136.5 points|
Georgia Southern vs. Louisiana Last 10 Games
- Georgia Southern is 3-7 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- Georgia Southern’s last 10 games saw four go over the total.
- The Eagles’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 133.4 points scored. That’s 3.1 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Eagles have a points-per-game average 6.8 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Louisiana is 2-8-0 against the spread over its last 10 games, and has a 4-6 straight-up record in those matchups.
- The final scores of the last 10 Louisiana games have surpassed the set total four times.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 139.2 points scored. That’s 2.7 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Ragin’ Cajuns have scored 0.4 fewer points per contest compared to their 71.2 PPG season-long scoring average.
Georgia Southern vs. Louisiana Betting Trends
- Georgia Southern has covered the spread in a game 10 times this season (10-12-0).
- The Eagles have an ATS record of 2-5 when playing as at least 1.5-point favorites.
- This season, 12 of Georgia Southern’s games have gone over the point total out of 23 chances.
- The Eagles put up only 3.9 fewer points per game (65.9) than the Ragin’ Cajuns allow (69.8).
- Georgia Southern is 2-2 against the spread and 6-1 overall when scoring more than 69.8 points.
- Louisiana has compiled a 10-12-1 record against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 1.5-point underdogs or more, the Ragin’ Cajuns have an ATS record of 4-3-1.
- Games involving Louisiana have hit the over 10 times out of 23 chances this year.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns’ 71.2 points per game are 6.8 more points than the 64.4 the Eagles allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 64.4 points, Louisiana is 9-9-1 against the spread and 12-9 overall.
Georgia Southern vs. Louisiana Over/Under Trends
- Georgia Southern and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s over/under of 136.5 points 10 times this season.
- A total of 13 of Louisiana’s games ended with a combined score over 136.5 points this season.
- The Eagles average 65.9 points per game against the Ragin’ Cajuns’ 71.2, amounting to 0.6 points over the game’s point total of 136.5.
- These two teams surrender a combined 134.2 points per game, 2.3 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Eagles have seen a 133.3 average over/under in their games this season, 3.2 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- Ragin’ Cajuns’ games have a total points bet of 140.9 points this season, 4.4 points more than the over/under for this game.
Georgia Southern Team Leaders
- Andrei Savrasov: 10.8 PTS, 50 FG%, 34 3PT% (17-for-50)
- Kamari Brown: 9.5 PTS, 43.5 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (33-for-99)
- Elijah McCadden: 11.5 PTS, 50.3 FG%, 21.1 3PT% (8-for-38)
- Prince Toyambi: 7.4 PTS, 60.2 FG%
- Cam Bryant: 7.4 PTS, 39 FG%, 32.3 3PT% (32-for-99)
Louisiana Team Leaders
- Jordan Brown: 15.5 PTS, 8.8 REB, 1.1 BLK, 50.8 FG%, 44 3PT% (11-for-25)
- Kobe Julien: 12.8 PTS, 41.6 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (42-for-123)
- Theo Akwuba: 8.5 PTS, 8.2 REB, 1.7 BLK, 48.8 FG%
- Doudou Gueye: 6 PTS, 44.6 FG%, 21.7 3PT% (5-for-23)
- Kentrell Garnett: 7.3 PTS, 42.2 FG%, 49.5 3PT% (46-for-93)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.