The Northwestern Wildcats (12-13, 5-11 Big Ten) are big, 11-point underdogs as they look to break a three-game losing streak when they host the Nebraska Cornhuskers (7-19, 1-14 Big Ten) on Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at Welsh-Ryan Arena. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 148.5.
Northwestern vs. Nebraska Predictions
Northwestern vs. Nebraska Betting Odds
Northwestern vs. Nebraska Last 10 Games
- Northwestern is 3-7 overall and 6-3-1 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Northwestern and its opponents have hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The Wildcats’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 141.7 points scored. That’s 6.8 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Wildcats’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 7.5 points lower than their season-long average.
- Nebraska covered the spread five times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 1-9 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Nebraska games have surpassed the set total eight times.
- The last 10 Cornhuskers games averaged 147.7 total points, 0.8 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Cornhuskers have scored two fewer points per contest compared to their 72.6 PPG season-long scoring average.
Northwestern vs. Nebraska Betting Trends
- Northwestern has registered a 12-11-1 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 11-point favorites or more, the Wildcats have an ATS record of 3-1.
- Northwestern’s games have gone over the total 14 times out of 24 chances this season.
- The 73.7 points per game the Wildcats record are 5.7 fewer points than the Cornhuskers give up (79.4).
- Northwestern has a 4-3 record against the spread and a 6-2 record overall when scoring more than 79.4 points.
- Nebraska has covered the spread in a game 12 times this season (12-13-0).
- In games this year when an underdog by 11 points or more, the Cornhuskers are 3-4 against the spread.
- Nebraska’s games have gone over the total 16 times out of 25 chances this year.
- The Cornhuskers’ 72.6 points per game are only 4.2 more points than the 68.4 the Wildcats allow.
- Nebraska has put together a 10-6 ATS record and a 7-9 overall record in games it scores more than 68.4 points.
Northwestern vs. Nebraska Over/Under Trends
- Nine Northwestern games this season have gone over Tuesday’s over/under of 148.5 points.
- There have been 16 Nebraska games that have ended with a combined score over 148.5 points this season.
- The point total for the contest of 148.5 is 2.2 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Wildcats (73.7 points per game) and the Cornhuskers (72.6 points per game).
- The 147.8 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 0.7 fewer than the 148.5 total in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Wildcats games is 8.1 points fewer than the over/under of 148.5 points in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 2.1 points more than the average over/under in Cornhuskers’ games this season (146.4 points).
Northwestern Team Leaders
- Pete Nance: 14.9 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 48.5 FG%, 41.3 3PT% (31-for-75)
- Boo Buie: 15 PTS, 40.1 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (54-for-156)
- Ryan Young: 9 PTS, 53.3 FG%
- Chase Audige: 10.4 PTS, 1.8 STL, 36 FG%, 23.8 3PT% (19-for-80)
- Robbie Beran: 6.5 PTS, 47.7 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (23-for-65)
Nebraska Team Leaders
- Alonzo Verge Jr.: 13.6 PTS, 5.1 AST, 1.4 STL, 44.4 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (12-for-39)
- Bryce McGowens: 16.8 PTS, 40.1 FG%, 27 3PT% (33-for-122)
- Derrick Walker: 9.5 PTS, 67.7 FG%
- C.J. Wilcher: 7.9 PTS, 44 FG%, 38.9 3PT% (42-for-108)
- Lat Mayen: 5.4 PTS, 35.9 FG%, 29.5 3PT% (23-for-78)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.