The No. 25 Iowa Hawkeyes (18-8, 8-7 Big Ten) are at home in Big Ten play against the Michigan State Spartans (18-8, 9-6 Big Ten) on Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 7:00 PM ET. The Hawkeyes are favored by 6.5 points in the game. The point total is 153.5 for the matchup.
Iowa vs. Michigan State Predictions
Iowa vs. Michigan State Betting Odds
Iowa vs. Michigan State Last 10 Games
- Iowa covered the spread five times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Iowa’s last 10 games saw six go over the total.
- The Hawkeyes’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 149.5 points scored. That’s four fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over the past 10 games, the Hawkeyes are scoring 4.8 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Michigan State is 5-5 overall and 4-6-0 against the spread in its past 10 games.
- Michigan State’s last 10 outings saw five go over the total.
- The last 10 Spartans games averaged 138.1 total points, 15.4 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- In their last 10 games, the Spartans have a 69.2 points-per-game average, 3.6 points below their season-long scoring average.
Iowa vs. Michigan State Betting Trends
- Iowa has registered a 15-11-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 6.5 points or more so far this season, the Hawkeyes have gone 9-4 against the spread.
- This season, 19 of Iowa’s games have gone over the point total.
- The 83.5 points per game the Hawkeyes average are 16.9 more points than the Spartans allow (66.6).
- Iowa is 15-9 against the spread and 18-6 overall when scoring more than 66.6 points.
- Michigan State has covered the spread 13 times this year (13-11-0).
- Michigan State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 12 times out of 24 chances this season.
- The Spartans put up just 1.3 more points per game (72.8) than the Hawkeyes give up to opponents (71.5).
- Michigan State has put together an 11-4 ATS record and a 14-2 overall record in games it scores more than 71.5 points.
Iowa vs. Michigan State Over/Under Trends
- Iowa and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (153.5 points) 16 times this season.
- There have been just two games featuring Michigan State this season with more combined scoring than Tuesday’s point total of 153.5.
- The Hawkeyes average 83.5 points per game against the Spartans’ 72.8, totaling 2.8 points over the matchup’s point total of 153.5.
- These two teams give up a combined 138.1 points per game, 15.4 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Hawkeyes games is 149.6 points, 3.9 fewer than the over/under of 153.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 14.6 points separates this game’s over/under (153.5 points) and the average total points bet in Spartans’ games (138.9 points) this season.
Iowa Team Leaders
- Keegan Murray: 23.4 PTS, 8.2 REB, 1.3 STL, 2.1 BLK, 56.1 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (42-for-114)
- Kris Murray: 10 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 47.6 FG%, 39.2 3PT% (31-for-79)
- Patrick McCaffery: 11 PTS, 41.9 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (24-for-78)
- Jordan Bohannon: 10.7 PTS, 37.7 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (63-for-169)
- Filip Rebraca: 6.3 PTS, 57 FG%
Michigan State Team Leaders
- Marcus Bingham: 9.2 PTS, 2.3 BLK, 54.9 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (9-for-24)
- Gabe Brown: 11.8 PTS, 41 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (52-for-143)
- Malik Hall: 9.8 PTS, 54.9 FG%, 51 3PT% (25-for-49)
- A.J Hoggard: 6.7 PTS, 5.1 AST, 42.2 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (6-for-21)
- Tyson Walker: 8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 44.2 FG%, 56.8 3PT% (25-for-44)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.