The Penn State Nittany Lions (11-12, 6-9 Big Ten) are slight underdogs (by 3 points) to break a five-game road losing streak when they visit the Maryland Terrapins (12-14, 4-11 Big Ten) on Monday, February 21, 2022 at 7:00 PM ET. The point total is 129.5 in the matchup.
Maryland vs. Penn State Predictions
Maryland vs. Penn State Betting Odds
Maryland vs. Penn State Last 10 Games
- Maryland has a 4-6 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- Maryland’s past 10 games saw five go over the total.
- The Terrapins’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 139.2 points scored. That’s 9.7 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Terrapins have a points-per-game average 1.3 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Penn State is 3-7 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- Penn State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- The Nittany Lions’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 132.4 points scored. That’s 2.9 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Nittany Lions have a 62.6 points-per-game average, 2.6 points below their season-long scoring average.
Maryland vs. Penn State Betting Trends
- Maryland has covered the spread 11 times in 26 games with a set spread.
- The Terrapins have an ATS record of only 2-7 when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
- Maryland’s games have gone over the total 12 times this season.
- The 70.8 points per game the Terrapins score are 6.1 more points than the Nittany Lions allow (64.7).
- When Maryland scores more than 64.7 points, it is 9-8 against the spread and 12-5 overall.
- Penn State has covered the spread 12 times over 22 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 3-point underdogs or more, the Nittany Lions have an ATS record of 8-4.
- Penn State’s games have gone over the total nine times this season.
- The Nittany Lions put up an average of 65.2 points per game, 5.6 fewer points than the 70.8 the Terrapins give up.
- When it scores more than 70.8 points, Penn State is 3-3 against the spread and 6-0 overall.
Maryland vs. Penn State Over/Under Trends
- Maryland and its opponents have combined to outscore Monday’s total (129.5 points) 17 times this season.
- This season, 12 of Penn State’s games have ended with a score higher than 129.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 136 points per game, 6.5 points more than the point total of 129.5 for this game.
- The 135.5 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are six more than the 129.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Terrapins games is 138.9 points, 9.4 more than the over/under of 129.5 points for this contest.
- Nittany Lions’ games have a total points bet of 134.1 points this season, 4.6 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Maryland Team Leaders
- Fatts Russell: 14 PTS, 1.1 STL, 41.1 FG%, 30.9 3PT% (29-for-94)
- Donta Scott: 12.7 PTS, 42.8 FG%, 31.2 3PT% (34-for-109)
- Eric Ayala: 14.6 PTS, 37.9 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (58-for-172)
- Hakim Hart: 9.7 PTS, 1.5 STL, 52.7 FG%, 34.2 3PT% (25-for-73)
- Qudus Wahab: 8.3 PTS, 56.6 FG%
Penn State Team Leaders
- Jalen Pickett: 13 PTS, 39.6 FG%, 30.5 3PT% (36-for-118)
- John Harrar: 10.5 PTS, 9.7 REB, 64.6 FG%
- Seth Lundy: 12.6 PTS, 41.5 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (50-for-136)
- Sam Sessoms: 11.3 PTS, 45.3 FG%, 41.1 3PT% (23-for-56)
- Myles Dread: 6.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 39.8 FG%, 40 3PT% (42-for-105)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.