The Abilene Christian Wildcats (17-7, 8-5 WAC) will attempt to build on a six-game winning streak when they hit the road to take on the Sam Houston Bearkats (15-11, 10-3 WAC) on Thursday, February 17, 2022 at Bernard Johnson Coliseum as just 1-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 7:30 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 135.5 points.
Sam Houston vs. Abilene Christian Predictions
Sam Houston vs. Abilene Christian Betting Odds
|Sam Houston||-1||135.5 points|
Sam Houston vs. Abilene Christian Last 10 Games
- Sam Houston has a 8-2 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread eight times in those games.
- The Bearkats and their opponents have hit the over twice in those games.
- The Bearkats’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 136.3 points scored. That’s 0.8 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Bearkats have scored 4.6 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Abilene Christian covered the spread twice in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- Abilene Christian’s past 10 outings saw six hit the over.
- The last 10 Wildcats games averaged 140.8 total points, 5.3 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Wildcats’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 74.2, 3.8 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Sam Houston vs. Abilene Christian Betting Trends
- Sam Houston has covered the spread 15 times in 23 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 1-point favorites or more, the Bearkats have an ATS record of 6-3.
- This season, nine of Sam Houston’s games have gone over the point total out of 23 chances.
- The Bearkats score 70.1 points per game, only 3.3 more points than the 66.8 the Wildcats give up.
- Sam Houston has an 8-2 record against the spread and a 12-1 record overall when scoring more than 66.8 points.
- Abilene Christian has covered the spread 10 times over 20 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 1-point underdogs or more, the Wildcats have an ATS record of 1-3.
- This year, Abilene Christian’s games have hit the over 10 times out of 20 chances.
- The Wildcats score an average of 78 points per game, 14.2 more points than the 63.8 the Bearkats allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 63.8 points, Abilene Christian is 10-4-1 against the spread and 17-2 overall.
Sam Houston vs. Abilene Christian Over/Under Trends
- Sam Houston and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s over/under (135.5 points) 10 times this season.
- A total of 12 of Abilene Christian’s games finished with a combined score higher than 135.5 points this season.
- The point total for the matchup of 135.5 is 12.6 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Bearkats (70.1 points per game) and the Wildcats (78 points per game).
- These two teams give up a combined 130.6 points per game, 4.9 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Bearkats have seen a 136.5 average over/under in their games this season, one point more than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 2.8 points separates the average total points bet in Wildcats’ games (138.3 points) and this contest’s over/under (135.5 points).
Sam Houston Team Leaders
- Savion Flagg: 19.4 PTS, 7.9 REB, 44.5 FG%, 38 3PT% (63-for-166)
- Jaden Ray: 8.3 PTS, 1.2 STL, 42.2 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (25-for-70)
- Tristan Ikpe: 6.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 49.2 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (3-for-8)
- Demarkus Lampley: 10.6 PTS, 38.2 FG%, 35.6 3PT% (63-for-177)
- Javion May: 5.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 47.3 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (8-for-28)
Abilene Christian Team Leaders
- Airion Simmons: 11.6 PTS, 1.6 STL, 51.3 FG%, 30.6 3PT% (19-for-62)
- Coryon Mason: 12.3 PTS, 44.7 FG%, 38.6 3PT% (27-for-70)
- Makhi Morris: 10.3 PTS, 1.5 STL, 44.9 FG%, 27.9 3PT% (24-for-86)
- Reggie Miller: 6.4 PTS, 1.9 STL, 39.4 FG%, 30.8 3PT% (16-for-52)
- Damien Daniels: 6.3 PTS, 1.8 STL, 34.8 FG%, 22 3PT% (9-for-41)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.