The James Madison Dukes (14-11, 5-9 CAA) are 6-point underdogs as they attempt to break a three-game road losing streak when they take on the Charleston (SC) Cougars (14-10, 6-6 CAA) on Thursday, February 17, 2022 at TD Arena. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is 154.5.
Charleston (SC) vs. JMU Predictions
Charleston (SC) vs. JMU Betting Odds
|Charleston (SC)||-6||154.5 points|
Charleston (SC) vs. JMU Last 10 Games
- Charleston (SC) has a 5-5 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Charleston (SC)’s last 10 games saw four hit the over.
- The last 10 Cougars games averaged 151.5 total points, three fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Cougars’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 0.2 points lower than their season-long average.
- JMU covered the spread three times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- JMU and its opponents have hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The Dukes’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 148.3 points scored. That’s 6.2 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Dukes have a 73.1 points-per-game average, 3.1 points below their season-long scoring average.
Charleston (SC) vs. JMU Betting Trends
- Charleston (SC) has covered the spread 13 times over 27 games with a set spread.
- The Cougars have an ATS record of 3-6 when playing as at least 6-point favorites.
- Charleston (SC)’s games have gone over the total 15 times out of 27 chances this season.
- The Cougars average 5.7 more points per game (77.8) than the Dukes give up (72.1).
- Charleston (SC) is 11-6-1 against the spread and 11-6 overall when scoring more than 72.1 points.
- JMU has put together an 11-12-0 record against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 6-point underdogs or more, the Dukes have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- This season, 11 of JMU’s games have gone over the point total out of 23 chances.
- The Dukes’ 76.2 points per game are just 0.3 more points than the 75.9 the Cougars allow.
- When it scores more than 75.9 points, JMU is 6-4 against the spread and 9-3 overall.
Charleston (SC) vs. JMU Over/Under Trends
- This season, Charleston (SC) and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s total of 154.5 points 12 times.
- This season, eight games JMU played finished with a combined score over 154.5 points.
- The Cougars average 77.8 points per game against the Dukes’ 76.2, totaling 0.5 points under the game’s total of 154.5.
- The 148 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 6.5 fewer than the 154.5 over/under in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Cougars games is 2.9 points fewer than the over/under of 154.5 points in this matchup.
- The over/under for this contest is 8.7 points more than the average over/under in Dukes’ games this season (145.8 points).
Charleston (SC) Team Leaders
- Dimitrius Underwood: 10.3 PTS, 2.2 STL, 40.6 FG%, 19.2 3PT% (5-for-26)
- John Meeks: 15.1 PTS, 46.5 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (30-for-89)
- Reyne Smith: 12.1 PTS, 36.4 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (65-for-182)
- Brenden Tucker: 11.3 PTS, 43.5 FG%, 41.6 3PT% (37-for-89)
- Ben Burnham: 7.4 PTS, 46.7 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (18-for-56)
JMU Team Leaders
- Vado Morse: 15.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 37.9 FG%, 36 3PT% (67-for-186)
- Justin Amadi: 9.7 PTS, 1.4 STL, 63.2 FG%
- Terrence Edwards: 7.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 44.4 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (8-for-28)
- Takal Molson: 11.6 PTS, 1.6 STL, 44 FG%, 28.3 3PT% (15-for-53)
- Charles Falden: 10.1 PTS, 1.2 STL, 48.6 FG%, 43.5 3PT% (40-for-92)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.