The Xavier Musketeers (17-7, 7-6 Big East) are at home in Big East play against the Saint John’s (NY) Red Storm (14-11, 5-8 Big East) on Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 6:30 PM ET. The Musketeers are favored by 8.5 points in the game. The point total is set at 148.5 in the matchup.
Xavier vs. Saint John’s (NY) Predictions
Xavier vs. Saint John’s (NY) Betting Odds
Xavier vs. Saint John’s (NY) Last 10 Games
- Xavier is 6-4 overall and 3-7-0 against the spread over its last 10 games.
- Xavier and its opponents have hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Musketeers games averaged 139.2 total points, 9.3 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Over the past 10 games, the Musketeers are scoring 2.9 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Saint John’s (NY) is 3-7 overall and 6-3-1 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- Saint John’s (NY) and its opponents have hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Red Storm games averaged 149.4 total points, 0.9 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During the last 10 games, the Red Storm are scoring 74.1 points per game compared to their 75.4 season average.
Xavier vs. Saint John’s (NY) Betting Trends
- Xavier has covered the spread 12 times in 22 games with a set spread.
- In games this season when favored by 8.5 points or more, the Musketeers have gone 5-6 against the spread.
- Xavier’s games have gone over the total eight times out of 22 chances this season.
- The 73.1 points per game the Musketeers record are just 2.2 more points than the Red Storm allow (70.9).
- When Xavier puts up more than 70.9 points, it is 11-2 against the spread and 13-1 overall.
- Saint John’s (NY) is 10-9-1 against the spread this season.
- The Red Storm are a perfect 2-0 ATS when playing as at least 8.5-point underdogs.
- This season, Saint John’s (NY)’s games have hit the over 12 times out of 20 chances.
- The Red Storm’s 75.4 points per game are 10.3 more points than the 65.1 the Musketeers allow to opponents.
- Saint John’s (NY) is 8-7-1 against the spread and 13-6 overall when it scores more than 65.1 points.
Xavier vs. Saint John’s (NY) Over/Under Trends
- This season, Xavier and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s over/under of 148.5 points four times.
- A total of 13 of Saint John’s (NY)’s games finished with a combined score over 148.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 148.5 points per game, matching the point total of 148.5 for this contest.
- This game’s point total is 12.5 fewer points than the 136 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Musketeers games is 139.2 points, 9.3 fewer than the over/under of 148.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 2.2 points separates the average total points bet in Red Storm’s games (150.7 points) and this game’s over/under (148.5 points).
Xavier Team Leaders
- Jack Nunge: 13.1 PTS, 7.2 REB, 1.5 BLK, 54.4 FG%, 35.9 3PT% (23-for-64)
- Paul Scruggs: 12.3 PTS, 1.5 STL, 42.9 FG%, 33.8 3PT% (25-for-74)
- Colby Jones: 10.3 PTS, 7.5 REB, 1.5 STL, 45.1 FG%, 28.3 3PT% (13-for-46)
- Nate Johnson: 9.8 PTS, 41.8 FG%, 39.4 3PT% (50-for-127)
- Zach Freemantle: 8 PTS, 44.4 FG%, 18.5 3PT% (5-for-27)
Saint John’s (NY) Team Leaders
- Julian Champagnie: 18.3 PTS, 1.7 STL, 1.2 BLK, 41.2 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (50-for-144)
- Posh Alexander: 13 PTS, 2.2 STL, 50.2 FG%, 21.2 3PT% (11-for-52)
- Dylan Addae-Wusu: 9.4 PTS, 1.5 STL, 41.9 FG%, 38.2 3PT% (29-for-76)
- Montez Mathis: 8.6 PTS, 1.2 STL, 41.7 FG%, 23.3 3PT% (10-for-43)
- Joel Soriano: 6 PTS, 1.9 BLK, 53.7 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.