The UMBC Retrievers (12-12, 7-6 America East) host the Stony Brook Seawolves (15-10, 7-5 America East) after winning three straight home games. The Retrievers are favored by just 2.5 points in the contest, which starts at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 16, 2022. The matchup has an over/under set at 149.5 points.
UMBC vs. Stony Brook Predictions
UMBC vs. Stony Brook Betting Odds
UMBC vs. Stony Brook Last 10 Games
- UMBC covered the spread four times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 3-7 record straight-up in those games.
- UMBC and its opponents have hit the over in three of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Retrievers games averaged 10.5 fewer points (139) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Retrievers have scored 3.9 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Stony Brook covered the spread four times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Stony Brook games have surpassed the set total seven times.
- The Seawolves’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 140.2 points scored. That’s 9.3 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Seawolves have a 73.1 points-per-game average, 0.5 points above their season-long scoring average.
UMBC vs. Stony Brook Betting Trends
- UMBC is 9-12-0 against the spread this season.
- The Retrievers are 5-2 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- UMBC’s games have gone over the total nine times out of 21 chances this season.
- The Retrievers score just 1.3 fewer points per game (71.9) than the Seawolves give up (73.2).
- When UMBC puts up more than 73.2 points, it is 6-0 against the spread and 8-1 overall.
- Stony Brook has covered the spread in a game nine times this year (9-13-0).
- In games they have played as 2.5-point underdogs or more, the Seawolves have an ATS record of 2-5.
- Stony Brook games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 15 times out of 22 chances this season.
- The Seawolves average only 2.7 more points per game (72.6) than the Retrievers give up to opponents (69.9).
- Stony Brook has put together an 8-5 ATS record and a 13-1 overall record in games it scores more than 69.9 points.
UMBC vs. Stony Brook Over/Under Trends
- This season, UMBC games have seen a combined score higher than this game’s 149.5-point over/under nine times.
- There have been nine Stony Brook games that have finished with a combined score over 149.5 points this season.
- The over/under for the game of 149.5 is five points more than the combined points per game averages for the Retrievers (71.9 points per game) and the Seawolves (72.6 points per game).
- The 143.1 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 6.4 fewer than the 149.5 total in this contest.
- The Retrievers have seen a 141.5 average over/under in their games this season, eight points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 9.8 points separates this contest’s over/under (149.5 points) and the average total points bet in Seawolves’ games (139.7 points) this season.
UMBC Team Leaders
- Keondre Kennedy: 14.5 PTS, 48.9 FG%, 38 3PT% (41-for-108)
- Darnell Rogers: 10.9 PTS, 36.7 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (41-for-123)
- L.J. Owens: 10.8 PTS, 42.1 FG%, 42 3PT% (47-for-112)
- Yaw Obeng-Mensah: 7.6 PTS, 53.9 FG%
- Jacob Boonyasith: 5.4 PTS, 36 FG%, 33 3PT% (29-for-88)
Stony Brook Team Leaders
- Tykei Greene: 12 PTS, 7.6 REB, 1.3 STL, 50 FG%, 39.7 3PT% (31-for-78)
- Anthony Roberts: 15.8 PTS, 41.7 FG%, 33 3PT% (38-for-115)
- Jahlil Jenkins: 13.5 PTS, 2 STL, 42.5 FG%, 37.2 3PT% (42-for-113)
- Frankie Policelli: 7.9 PTS, 40.9 FG%, 39.4 3PT% (39-for-99)
- Juan Felix Rodriguez: 6.4 PTS, 39.4 FG%, 23.3 3PT% (20-for-86)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.