The No. 11 Texas Tech Red Raiders (19-6, 8-4 Big 12) are just 1.5-point favorites as they look to continue a nine-game home winning streak when they take on the No. 7 Baylor Bears (21-4, 9-3 Big 12) on Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at United Supermarkets Arena. The matchup airs at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 136.5 points.
Texas Tech vs. Baylor Predictions
Texas Tech vs. Baylor Betting Odds
|Texas Tech||-1.5||136.5 points|
Texas Tech vs. Baylor Last 10 Games
- Texas Tech has a 6-4 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread eight times in those games.
- Texas Tech’s last 10 outings saw six go over the total.
- The past 10 Red Raiders games averaged 6.4 fewer points (130.1) than this matchup’s point total.
- During the past 10 games, the Red Raiders are scoring 1.8 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Baylor covered the spread five times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Baylor games have surpassed the set total four times.
- The past 10 Bears games averaged 2.5 more points (139) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Bears’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 70.5, 7.4 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Texas Tech vs. Baylor Betting Trends
- Texas Tech has compiled a 17-8-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 1.5 points or more, the Red Raiders have gone 12-7 against the spread.
- Texas Tech’s games have gone over the total 12 times this season.
- The Red Raiders average 11.6 more points per game (73.8) than the Bears give up (62.2).
- Texas Tech is 14-5 against the spread and 17-2 overall when scoring more than 62.2 points.
- Baylor is 14-10-1 against the spread this season.
- The Bears have yet to cover a spread (0-1) when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- This year, 14 of Baylor’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Bears’ 77.9 points per game are 17.0 more points than the 60.9 the Red Raiders allow.
- Baylor is 13-8-1 against the spread and 20-2 overall when it scores more than 60.9 points.
Texas Tech vs. Baylor Over/Under Trends
- A total of 11 Texas Tech games this season have gone over Wednesday’s over/under of 136.5 points.
- This season, 16 games Baylor played finished with a combined score over 136.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 151.7 points per game, 15.2 points more than the total of 136.5 for this contest.
- The 123.1 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 13.4 fewer than the 136.5 total in this contest.
- The Red Raiders have seen a 135.6 average over/under in their games this season, 0.9 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 2.5 points fewer than the average over/under in Bears’ games this season (139 points).
Texas Tech Team Leaders
- Bryson Williams: 13.4 PTS, 53.3 FG%, 45.8 3PT% (27-for-59)
- Kevin McCullar: 9.4 PTS, 1.3 STL, 38.2 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (23-for-72)
- Davion Warren: 10.1 PTS, 1.3 STL, 45.3 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (20-for-63)
- Kevin Obanor: 9.8 PTS, 45.7 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (32-for-103)
- Adonis Arms: 7.9 PTS, 44 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (24-for-73)
Baylor Team Leaders
- James Akinjo: 12.5 PTS, 5.4 AST, 2.1 STL, 39.6 FG%, 32.6 3PT% (31-for-95)
- Kendall Brown: 10 PTS, 1.1 STL, 61.7 FG%, 32 3PT% (8-for-25)
- Adam Flagler: 12 PTS, 1.1 STL, 44.5 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (52-for-135)
- Matthew Mayer: 8.9 PTS, 1.4 STL, 39.3 FG%, 32.3 3PT% (31-for-96)
- Jonathan Tchamwa Tchatchoua: 8.4 PTS, 67.7 FG%, 46.2 3PT% (6-for-13)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.