The North Carolina Tar Heels (18-7, 10-4 ACC) host the Pittsburgh Panthers (10-16, 5-10 ACC) in a matchup of ACC teams at Dean Smith Center, starting at 8:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 16, 2022. The Panthers are 13.5-point underdogs in the game. The matchup has an over/under set at 142.5 points.
North Carolina vs. Pittsburgh Predictions
North Carolina vs. Pittsburgh Betting Odds
|North Carolina||-13.5||142.5 points|
North Carolina vs. Pittsburgh Last 10 Games
- North Carolina is 7-3 overall and 5-4-1 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- North Carolina and its opponents have combined to hit the over in eight of those 10 games.
- The Tar Heels’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 147.9 points scored. That’s 5.4 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Tar Heels are scoring at a rate equal to their season-long scoring average.
- Pittsburgh has a 3-7 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Pittsburgh games have exceeded the set total four times.
- The past 10 Panthers games averaged 12.4 fewer points (130.1) than this matchup’s point total.
- In their last 10 games, the Panthers have a 61.4 points-per-game average, 0.6 points below their season-long scoring average.
North Carolina vs. Pittsburgh Betting Trends
- North Carolina has covered the spread 11 times over 25 games with a set spread.
- The Tar Heels are 1-5 ATS when playing as at least 13.5-point favorites.
- This season, North Carolina’s games have hit the over 15 times.
- The 78.7 points per game the Tar Heels average are 12.2 more points than the Panthers allow (66.5).
- When North Carolina puts up more than 66.5 points, it is 11-10-1 against the spread and 17-6 overall.
- Pittsburgh has covered the spread 14 times over 26 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 13.5-point underdogs or more, the Panthers have a perfect ATS record of 2-0.
- Pittsburgh games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 11 times this season.
- The Panthers’ 62 points per game are 10.9 fewer points than the 72.9 the Tar Heels give up.
- When it scores more than 72.9 points, Pittsburgh is 0-2 against the spread and 0-2 overall.
North Carolina vs. Pittsburgh Over/Under Trends
- North Carolina and its opponents have combined to outscore Wednesday’s over/under of 142.5 points 17 times this season.
- This season, four games Pittsburgh played finished with a combined score over 142.5 points.
- The total for the contest of 142.5 is 1.8 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Tar Heels (78.7 points per game) and the Panthers (62 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 139.4 points per game, 3.1 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Tar Heels have seen a 148.6 average over/under in their games this season, 6.1 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- Panthers games have an over/under of 131.6 points this season, 10.9 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
North Carolina Team Leaders
- Armando Bacot: 16.6 PTS, 12.2 REB, 1.5 BLK, 58.1 FG%
- Caleb Love: 14.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 38.6 FG%, 42.3 3PT% (58-for-137)
- RJ Davis: 13.9 PTS, 47 FG%, 42.1 3PT% (45-for-107)
- Brady Manek: 13.8 PTS, 48.3 FG%, 39.6 3PT% (57-for-144)
- Rechon ‘Leaky’ Black: 4.5 PTS, 50 FG%, 40 3PT% (10-for-25)
Pittsburgh Team Leaders
- John Hugley: 14.2 PTS, 8.2 REB, 43.3 FG%, 13.9 3PT% (5-for-36)
- Mouhamadou Gueye: 8.9 PTS, 2.2 BLK, 40.6 FG%, 36.6 3PT% (34-for-93)
- Femi Odukale: 12 PTS, 39.7 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (27-for-78)
- Jamarius Burton: 12.6 PTS, 41.8 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (22-for-64)
- William Jeffress Jr.: 3.7 PTS, 29.8 FG%, 20.8 3PT% (10-for-48)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.