The Texas Southern Tigers (11-10, 9-3 SWAC) are favored (by 3.5 points) to extend a five-game home winning streak when they host the Southern Jaguars (13-11, 8-3 SWAC) on Monday, February 14, 2022 at 8:30 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 137.5.
Texas Southern vs. Southern Predictions
Texas Southern vs. Southern Betting Odds
|Texas Southern||-3.5||137.5 points|
Texas Southern vs. Southern Last 10 Games
- Texas Southern has a 8-2 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Texas Southern games has surpassed the set total six times.
- The Tigers’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 134.4 points scored. That’s 3.1 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Tigers are scoring 6.3 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Southern has a 7-3 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Southern and its opponents have hit the over in seven of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Jaguars games averaged 1.1 more points (138.6) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over the last 10 games, the Jaguars are scoring 78.6 points per game compared to their 70.8 season average.
Texas Southern vs. Southern Betting Trends
- Texas Southern has gone 12-9-0 against the spread this season.
- The Tigers have an ATS record of 5-3 when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- Texas Southern’s games have gone over the total eight times this season.
- The Tigers put up 67.9 points per game, just 1.4 more points than the 66.5 the Jaguars allow.
- When Texas Southern puts up more than 66.5 points, it is 7-4 against the spread and 10-1 overall.
- Southern has covered the spread 15 times in 23 games with a set spread.
- In games this season when an underdog by 3.5 points or more, the Jaguars are 6-3 against the spread.
- Southern games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 12 times out of 23 chances this year.
- The Jaguars put up only 4.9 more points per game (70.8) than the Tigers give up to opponents (65.9).
- Southern is 11-3 against the spread and 12-3 overall when it scores more than 65.9 points.
Texas Southern vs. Southern Over/Under Trends
- Texas Southern and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (137.5 points) eight times this season.
- In Southern’s 23 games this season, 15 have finished with more combined scoring than Monday’s over/under of 137.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 138.7 points per game, 1.2 points more than the over/under of 137.5 for this matchup.
- The 132.4 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 5.1 fewer than the 137.5 total in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Tigers games is 137.5, matching the over/under of 137.5 for this contest.
- Jaguars’ games have a total points bet of 140 points this season, 2.5 points more than the over/under for this contest.
Texas Southern Team Leaders
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas: 9.3 PTS, 56.2 FG%
- Brison Gresham: 6.7 PTS, 7.3 REB, 1.8 BLK, 63.1 FG%
- John Walker III: 9.1 PTS, 44.4 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (10-for-28)
- PJ Henry: 8.4 PTS, 42.1 FG%, 39.3 3PT% (22-for-56)
- Jordan Gilliam: 5.5 PTS, 37.6 FG%, 42.1 3PT% (16-for-38)
Southern Team Leaders
- Jayden Saddler: 11 PTS, 2.1 STL, 47.8 FG%
- Tyrone Lyons: 13.7 PTS, 1.6 STL, 51.7 FG%, 50 3PT% (31-for-62)
- Brion Whitley: 12.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 43.9 FG%, 37.9 3PT% (53-for-140)
- Terrell Williams Jr.: 10 PTS, 49.2 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (21-for-61)
- P.J. Byrd: 7.6 PTS, 1.4 STL, 41.5 FG%, 39.1 3PT% (18-for-46)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.