The Syracuse Orange (13-11, 7-6 ACC) will attempt to build on a four-game winning streak when they visit the Virginia Tech Hokies (14-10, 6-7 ACC) at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 12, 2022 as 8.5-point underdogs. The Hokies have also won four games in a row. The matchup has an over/under of 145.5.
Virginia Tech vs. Syracuse Predictions
Virginia Tech vs. Syracuse Betting Odds
|Virginia Tech||-8.5||145.5 points|
Virginia Tech vs. Syracuse Last 10 Games
- Virginia Tech covered the spread four times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Virginia Tech’s last 10 contests saw seven go over the total.
- The Hokies’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 130.6 points scored. That’s 14.9 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Hokies have a points-per-game average 0.6 points above their season-long scoring average.
- Syracuse has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- Syracuse’s past 10 contests saw four hit the over.
- The past 10 Orange games averaged 2.6 more points (148.1) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Orange have scored 0.9 fewer points per contest compared to their 78.2 PPG season-long scoring average.
Virginia Tech vs. Syracuse Betting Trends
- Virginia Tech has covered the spread 12 times this season (12-11-0).
- The Hokies are 8-2 ATS when playing as at least 8.5-point favorites.
- Virginia Tech games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 12 times out of 23 chances this season.
- The Hokies score 70.9 points per game, just 3.8 fewer points than the 74.7 the Orange allow.
- Virginia Tech has a 7-3 record against the spread and a 9-1 record overall when putting up more than 74.7 points.
- Syracuse has covered the spread 14 times over 25 games with a set spread.
- The Orange are winless against the spread when they are 8.5-point underdogs or more (0-2).
- This season, 13 of Syracuse’s games have gone over the point total out of 25 chances.
- The Orange put up an average of 78.2 points per game, 16.2 more points than the 62 the Hokies give up to opponents.
- Syracuse is 13-7 against the spread and 13-7 overall when it scores more than 62 points.
Virginia Tech vs. Syracuse Over/Under Trends
- Seven Virginia Tech games this season have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 145.5 points.
- This season, 16 games Syracuse played finished with a combined score higher than 145.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 149.1 points per game, 3.6 points more than the total of 145.5 for this game.
- The 136.7 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 8.8 fewer than the 145.5 total in this contest.
- The Hokies have seen a 132.7 average over/under in their games this season, 12.8 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 1.8 points separates the average total points bet in Orange’s games (147.3 points) and this contest’s over/under (145.5 points).
Virginia Tech Team Leaders
- Keve Aluma: 15.3 PTS, 52.6 FG%, 28.8 3PT% (15-for-52)
- Justyn Mutts: 10.3 PTS, 7.3 REB, 1.3 STL, 55.4 FG%, 40 3PT% (14-for-35)
- Hunter Cattoor: 10.5 PTS, 45.7 FG%, 46.9 3PT% (61-for-130)
- Nahiem Alleyne: 10.2 PTS, 36.3 FG%, 38.7 3PT% (46-for-119)
- Storm Murphy: 8.8 PTS, 46.2 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (40-for-104)
Syracuse Team Leaders
- Buddy Boeheim: 19.1 PTS, 1.3 STL, 40.4 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (66-for-192)
- Jesse Edwards: 12 PTS, 1.1 STL, 2.8 BLK, 69.1 FG%
- Cole Swider: 13.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 43.6 FG%, 39.6 3PT% (55-for-139)
- Joseph Girard III: 13.6 PTS, 1.7 STL, 41.2 FG%, 43.2 3PT% (63-for-146)
- Jimmy Boeheim: 13.5 PTS, 47.7 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (24-for-64)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.