The East Carolina Pirates (12-11, 3-8 AAC) host the SMU Mustangs (17-5, 8-2 AAC) after losing three home games in a row. The Mustangs are favored by 7 points in the contest, which begins at 6:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 12, 2022. The over/under is set at 143.5 in the matchup.
SMU vs. East Carolina Predictions
SMU vs. East Carolina Betting Odds
SMU vs. East Carolina Last 10 Games
- SMU is 7-3 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- SMU’s past 10 outings saw three hit the over.
- The last 10 Mustangs games averaged 139.9 total points, 3.6 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Across their last 10 games, the Mustangs have scored 4.3 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- East Carolina has a 2-8 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 East Carolina games have surpassed the set total five times.
- The last 10 Pirates games averaged 141.1 total points, 2.4 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Pirates’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 65.4, 4.7 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
SMU vs. East Carolina Betting Trends
- SMU has put together an 11-13-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Mustangs are 3-8 ATS when playing as at least 7-point favorites.
- Games involving SMU have hit the over 14 times out of 24 chances this season.
- The Mustangs record 75.6 points per game, just 3.5 more points than the 72.1 the Pirates give up.
- When SMU scores more than 72.1 points, it is 9-5 against the spread and 14-1 overall.
- East Carolina has gone 12-11-0 against the spread this season.
- The Pirates have an ATS record of 3-3 when playing as at least 7-point underdogs.
- This season, East Carolina’s games have hit the over 14 times.
- The Pirates’ 70.1 points per game are just 2.3 more points than the 67.8 the Mustangs give up to opponents.
- East Carolina has put together a 9-4 ATS record and a 10-4 overall record in games it scores more than 67.8 points.
SMU vs. East Carolina Over/Under Trends
- A total of 11 SMU games this season have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 143.5 points.
- There have been 10 East Carolina games that have ended with a combined score over 143.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 145.7 points per game, 2.2 points more than the total of 143.5 for this matchup.
- The 139.9 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 3.6 fewer than the 143.5 over/under in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Mustangs games is 2.1 points fewer than the over/under of 143.5 points in this matchup.
- Pirates games have an over/under of 139.6 points this season, 3.9 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
SMU Team Leaders
- Kendric Davis: 19.6 PTS, 1.5 STL, 45.2 FG%, 38.4 3PT% (53-for-138)
- Marcus Weathers: 12.2 PTS, 7 REB, 54 FG%, 40.5 3PT% (15-for-37)
- Michael Weathers: 8.5 PTS, 1.4 STL, 43.2 FG%, 40.7 3PT% (11-for-27)
- Emmanuel Bandoumel: 10.2 PTS, 37.6 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (46-for-127)
- Zach Nutall: 7.9 PTS, 37.3 FG%, 35.2 3PT% (38-for-108)
East Carolina Team Leaders
- Tristen Newton: 17.1 PTS, 1.4 STL, 43.9 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (36-for-112)
- Vance Jackson: 13.6 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 44.9 3PT% (66-for-147)
- Tremont Robinson-White: 7 PTS, 1.8 STL, 39.7 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (21-for-63)
- Brandon Suggs: 8.9 PTS, 1.5 STL, 40.5 FG%, 25 3PT% (9-for-36)
- Brandon Johnson: 5.7 PTS, 52 FG%, 21.4 3PT% (3-for-14)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.