The Chicago State Cougars (6-18, 2-9 WAC) host the Sam Houston Bearkats (14-11, 9-3 WAC) after losing three home games in a row. The Bearkats are heavy favorites by 10.5 points in the contest, which begins at 3:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 12, 2022. The matchup’s point total is 133.5.
Sam Houston vs. Chicago State Predictions
Sam Houston vs. Chicago State Betting Odds
|Sam Houston||-10.5||133.5 points|
Sam Houston vs. Chicago State Last 10 Games
- Sam Houston covered the spread seven times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- Sam Houston’s last 10 games saw three hit the over.
- The last 10 Bearkats games averaged 135.4 total points, 1.9 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Bearkats are scoring 5.3 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Chicago State covered the spread five times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 2-8 record straight-up in those games.
- Chicago State and its opponents have hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Cougars games averaged 138.2 total points, 4.7 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Cougars have a 66.6 points-per-game average, 3.8 points above their season-long scoring average.
Sam Houston vs. Chicago State Betting Trends
- Sam Houston has covered the spread 14 times in 22 games with a set spread.
- Sam Houston games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under nine times out of 22 chances this season.
- The Bearkats score just 4.6 fewer points per game (70) than the Cougars give up (74.6).
- When Sam Houston scores more than 74.6 points, it is 3-1 against the spread and 7-0 overall.
- Chicago State has compiled a 14-10-0 record against the spread this year.
- In games they were an underdog in by 10.5 points or more so far this season, the Cougars went 10-6 against the spread.
- This season, Chicago State’s games have hit the over 14 times.
- The Cougars put up an average of 62.8 points per game, just 1.2 fewer points than the 64 the Bearkats give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 64 points, Chicago State is 5-3 against the spread and 3-5 overall.
Sam Houston vs. Chicago State Over/Under Trends
- This season, Sam Houston and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total of 133.5 points 10 times.
- A total of 13 of Chicago State’s games ended with a combined score over 133.5 points this season.
- The Bearkats average 70 points per game against the Cougars’ 62.8, amounting to 0.7 points under the game’s total of 133.5.
- This matchup’s over/under is 5.1 fewer points than the 138.6 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Bearkats games is 136.7 points, 3.2 more than the over/under of 133.5 points for this contest.
- Cougars’ games have a total points bet of 136.3 points this season, 2.8 points more than the over/under for this contest.
Sam Houston Team Leaders
- Savion Flagg: 19.7 PTS, 7.6 REB, 44.8 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (62-for-162)
- Tristan Ikpe: 6.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 49.1 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (3-for-8)
- Jaden Ray: 8.3 PTS, 1.2 STL, 41.6 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (25-for-69)
- Demarkus Lampley: 10.3 PTS, 37.3 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (58-for-170)
- Javion May: 5.4 PTS, 1.3 STL, 46.8 FG%, 29.6 3PT% (8-for-27)
Chicago State Team Leaders
- Coreyoun Rushin: 10.3 PTS, 7.5 REB, 1.2 STL, 47.7 FG%, 11.1 3PT% (2-for-18)
- Brandon Betson: 13.5 PTS, 38.7 FG%, 39.5 3PT% (58-for-147)
- Jahsean Corbett: 11.7 PTS, 42.4 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (26-for-83)
- Dominique Alexander: 7.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 34.8 FG%, 31.5 3PT% (23-for-73)
- Bryce Johnson: 7.5 PTS, 38.8 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (25-for-69)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.