The Penn State Nittany Lions (9-11, 4-8 Big Ten) are just 1-point underdogs as they attempt to break a four-game road slide when they square off against the Minnesota Golden Gophers (11-10, 2-10 Big Ten) on Saturday, February 12, 2022 at Williams Arena. The game airs at 8:30 PM ET. The over/under is set at 126.5 for the matchup.
Minnesota vs. Penn State Predictions
Minnesota vs. Penn State Betting Odds
Minnesota vs. Penn State Last 10 Games
- Minnesota covered the spread three times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 1-9 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Minnesota games has surpassed the set total five times.
- The past 10 Golden Gophers games averaged 13.1 more points (139.6) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Golden Gophers’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 3.7 points lower than their season-long average.
- Penn State has a 3-7 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- Penn State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Nittany Lions games averaged 133.1 total points, 6.6 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- During the past 10 games, the Nittany Lions are scoring 62.6 points per game compared to their 65.1 season average.
Minnesota vs. Penn State Betting Trends
- Minnesota has put together a 9-11-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Golden Gophers have an ATS record of 3-5 when playing as at least 1-point favorites.
- Minnesota games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 11 times out of 20 chances this season.
- The Golden Gophers average only 2.9 more points per game (68.3) than the Nittany Lions allow (65.4).
- Minnesota has a 7-5 record against the spread and a 9-4 record overall when scoring more than 65.4 points.
- Penn State is 10-9-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were an underdog in by 1 point or more so far this year, the Nittany Lions have gone 8-4 against the spread.
- This year, Penn State’s games have hit the over eight times.
- The Nittany Lions score an average of 65.1 points per game, only 3.4 fewer points than the 68.5 the Golden Gophers allow to opponents.
- Penn State has put together a 3-3 ATS record and a 6-0 overall record in games it scores more than 68.5 points.
Minnesota vs. Penn State Over/Under Trends
- Minnesota and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (126.5 points) 17 times this season.
- A total of 12 of Penn State’s games ended with a combined score higher than 126.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 133.4 points per game, 6.9 points more than the over/under of 126.5 for this game.
- The 133.9 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 7.4 more than the 126.5 over/under in this contest.
- On average, the Golden Gophers have seen a 136.7 over/under in their games this season, 10.2 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 8.5 points separates the average total points bet in Nittany Lions’ games (135.0 points) and this game’s over/under (126.5 points).
Minnesota Team Leaders
- Payton Willis: 16.5 PTS, 1.7 STL, 49.0 FG%, 42.5 3PT% (54-for-127)
- Jamison Battle: 16.3 PTS, 45.3 FG%, 37.1 3PT% (52-for-140)
- E.J. Stephens: 10.4 PTS, 1.1 STL, 42.9 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (26-for-72)
- Eric Curry: 7.0 PTS, 43.1 FG%
- Luke Loewe: 8.0 PTS, 40.0 FG%, 32.3 3PT% (20-for-62)
Penn State Team Leaders
- Jalen Pickett: 12.9 PTS, 38.8 FG%, 29.9 3PT% (32-for-107)
- John Harrar: 10.2 PTS, 9.4 REB, 64.7 FG%
- Seth Lundy: 12.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 40.6 FG%, 34.5 3PT% (40-for-116)
- Sam Sessoms: 11.5 PTS, 46.1 FG%, 44.0 3PT% (22-for-50)
- Myles Dread: 6.3 PTS, 1.2 STL, 36.0 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (36-for-96)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.