Big Ten foes square off when the No. 17 Michigan State Spartans (17-6, 8-4 Big Ten) host the Indiana Hoosiers (16-7, 7-6 Big Ten) at Jack Breslin Students Events Center, tipping off at 3:30 PM ET on Saturday, February 12, 2022. The Hoosiers are 4.5-point underdogs in the game. The point total is set at 133.5 for the matchup.
Michigan State vs. Indiana Predictions
Michigan State vs. Indiana Betting Odds
|Michigan State||-4.5||133.5 points|
Michigan State vs. Indiana Last 10 Games
- Michigan State has a 7-3 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Michigan State and its opponents have hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Spartans games averaged 6.5 more points (140) than this matchup’s point total.
- During their past 10 games, the Spartans have a points-per-game average 1.5 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Indiana covered the spread five times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- Indiana’s past 10 contests saw five go over the total.
- The Hoosiers’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 137.6 points scored. That’s 4.1 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Hoosiers have scored 4.8 fewer points per contest compared to their 72 PPG season-long scoring average.
Michigan State vs. Indiana Betting Trends
- Michigan State is 12-9-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 4.5 points or more so far this season, the Spartans have gone 5-5 against the spread.
- Games involving Michigan State have hit the over 10 times out of 21 chances this season.
- The 73.2 points per game the Spartans score are 9.9 more points than the Hoosiers give up (63.3).
- When Michigan State puts up more than 63.3 points, it is 11-5 against the spread and 16-1 overall.
- Indiana has put together a record of 13-10-0 against the spread this year.
- The Hoosiers have yet to cover a spread when they are at least 4.5-point underdogs (0-2).
- This season, Indiana’s games have hit the over nine times.
- The Hoosiers’ 72 points per game are 5.5 more points than the 66.5 the Spartans give up to opponents.
- Indiana is 12-5 against the spread and 15-2 overall when it scores more than 66.5 points.
Michigan State vs. Indiana Over/Under Trends
- This season, 13 of Michigan State’s 21 games have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 133.5 points.
- In Indiana’s 23 games this season, eight have finished with more combined scoring than Saturday’s point total of 133.5.
- The point total for the contest of 133.5 is 11.7 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Spartans (73.2 points per game) and the Hoosiers (72 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 129.8 points per game, 3.7 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Spartans have seen a 139.5 average over/under in their games this season, six points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 4.4 points fewer than the average over/under in Hoosiers’ games this season (137.9 points).
Michigan State Team Leaders
- Marcus Bingham: 9.5 PTS, 2.3 BLK, 56.8 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (6-for-18)
- Gabe Brown: 12.8 PTS, 42.8 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (50-for-130)
- Malik Hall: 10.1 PTS, 57.3 FG%, 53.5 3PT% (23-for-43)
- Max Christie: 9.5 PTS, 39.4 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (30-for-88)
- Joey Hauser: 6.9 PTS, 42.7 FG%, 36.7 3PT% (22-for-60)
Indiana Team Leaders
- Trayce Jackson-Davis: 17.6 PTS, 8.5 REB, 2.6 BLK, 57.8 FG%
- Race Thompson: 11.6 PTS, 7.5 REB, 54.6 FG%, 20.5 3PT% (8-for-39)
- Xavier Johnson: 10.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 41 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (19-for-53)
- Miller Kopp: 6.1 PTS, 36.7 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (25-for-67)
- Jordan Geronimo: 4.1 PTS, 48.6 FG%, 31.6 3PT% (6-for-19)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.