The Butler Bulldogs (11-13, 4-9 Big East) will try to stop a three-game losing streak when they host the No. 18 Marquette Golden Eagles (16-8, 8-5 Big East) on Saturday, February 12, 2022 at Hinkle Fieldhouse as just 2.5-point underdogs. The game airs at 4:30 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 131.5.
Marquette vs. Butler Predictions
Marquette vs. Butler Betting Odds
Marquette vs. Butler Last 10 Games
- Marquette covered the spread nine times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Marquette games has exceeded the set total five times.
- The past 10 Golden Eagles games averaged 11.2 more points (142.7) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Golden Eagles have scored 2.3 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Butler covered the spread five times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- Butler’s past 10 contests saw seven hit the over.
- The Bulldogs’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 130.7 points scored. That’s 0.8 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Bulldogs’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 60.9, 1.5 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Marquette vs. Butler Betting Trends
- Marquette has compiled a 15-9-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Golden Eagles are 3-3 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Marquette have hit the over 12 times this season.
- The 74 points per game the Golden Eagles score are 9.7 more points than the Bulldogs give up (64.3).
- Marquette has a 12-7 record against the spread and a 14-5 record overall when putting up more than 64.3 points.
- Butler has covered the spread nine times in 23 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 2.5-point underdogs or more, the Bulldogs have an ATS record of 5-8.
- Butler’s games have gone over the total 10 times out of 23 chances this season.
- The Bulldogs’ 62.4 points per game are 7.0 fewer points than the 69.4 the Golden Eagles allow.
- When it scores more than 69.4 points, Butler is 3-3 against the spread and 5-2 overall.
Marquette vs. Butler Over/Under Trends
- A total of 19 Marquette games this season have gone over Saturday’s total of 131.5 points.
- This season, six of Butler’s games have ended with a score higher than 131.5 points.
- The Golden Eagles average 74 points per game against the Bulldogs’ 62.4, amounting to 4.9 points over the game’s point total of 131.5.
- This matchup’s over/under is 2.2 fewer points than the 133.7 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season, the average total for Golden Eagles games is 142.2 points, 10.7 more than the over/under of 131.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 0.8 points more than the average over/under in Bulldogs’ games this season (130.7 points).
Marquette Team Leaders
- Justin Lewis: 16.6 PTS, 8 REB, 1.2 STL, 44.7 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (41-for-118)
- Tyler Kolek: 7 PTS, 6 AST, 1.7 STL, 31.1 FG%, 25.5 3PT% (25-for-98)
- Darryl Morsell: 12.8 PTS, 1.3 STL, 44.1 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (36-for-96)
- Kur Kuath: 5.3 PTS, 2.9 BLK, 67.1 FG%
- Olivier-Maxence Prosper: 6.6 PTS, 47.1 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (13-for-41)
Butler Team Leaders
- Aaron Thompson: 6.9 PTS, 1.3 STL, 47.8 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (4-for-18)
- Bryce Golden: 8.8 PTS, 52.5 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (15-for-42)
- Jayden Taylor: 9.1 PTS, 41.3 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (25-for-75)
- Chuck Harris: 9.9 PTS, 34.8 FG%, 29.5 3PT% (33-for-112)
- Bryce Nze: 6.5 PTS, 43 FG%, 26.2 3PT% (11-for-42)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.