The Illinois State Redbirds (11-14, 4-8 MVC) are just 3-point underdogs as they look to stop a seven-game road losing streak when they square off against the Indiana State Sycamores (10-14, 3-9 MVC) on Saturday, February 12, 2022 at Hulman Center. The contest airs at 1:00 PM ET. The over/under for the matchup is set at 147.5.
Indiana State vs. Illinois State Predictions
Indiana State vs. Illinois State Betting Odds
|Indiana State||-3||147.5 points|
Indiana State vs. Illinois State Last 10 Games
- Indiana State is 2-8-0 against the spread over its past 10 games, and has a 2-8 straight-up record in those contests.
- Indiana State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The Sycamores’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 139.9 points scored. That’s 7.6 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Sycamores have scored 5.7 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Illinois State has a 2-8 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- Illinois State’s past 10 games saw seven go over the total.
- The last 10 Redbirds games averaged 141.1 total points, 6.4 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- In their past 10 games, the Redbirds have a 72.2 points-per-game average, 4.9 points below their season-long scoring average.
Indiana State vs. Illinois State Betting Trends
- Indiana State has covered the spread in a game nine times this season (9-13-0).
- In games they have played as 3-point favorites or more, the Sycamores have an ATS record of 1-3.
- This season, Indiana State’s games have hit the over 15 times out of 22 chances.
- The 71.8 points per game the Sycamores average are the same as the Redbirds allow.
- Indiana State has a 1-1 record against the spread and a 6-0 record overall when scoring more than 76.6 points.
- Illinois State has covered the spread 11 times this season (11-12-1).
- In games this season when an underdog by 3 points or more, the Redbirds have gone 7-5 against the spread.
- Illinois State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 17 times out of 24 chances this year.
- The Redbirds’ 77.1 points per game are 5.8 more points than the 71.3 the Sycamores allow to opponents.
- Illinois State is 10-5 against the spread and 10-7 overall when it scores more than 71.3 points.
Indiana State vs. Illinois State Over/Under Trends
- Indiana State and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total (147.5 points) 12 times this season.
- A total of 15 of Illinois State’s games finished with a combined score higher than 147.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 148.9 points per game, 1.4 points more than the point total of 147.5 for this game.
- These two teams give up a combined 147.9 points per game, 0.4 more than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Sycamores games is 140.7 points, 6.8 fewer than the over/under of 147.5 points for this contest.
- Redbirds games have an over/under of 142.3 points this season, 5.2 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Indiana State Team Leaders
- Cameron Henry: 13.9 PTS, 48.4 FG%, 36.5 3PT% (27-for-74)
- Cooper Neese: 13.2 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 30.5 3PT% (46-for-151)
- Micah Thomas: 10.5 PTS, 42.5 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (36-for-108)
- Xavier Bledson: 8.3 PTS, 44.4 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (14-for-41)
- Kailex Stephens: 8.2 PTS, 48.6 FG%, 30.6 3PT% (15-for-49)
Illinois State Team Leaders
- Antonio Reeves: 20.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 46.9 FG%, 39.5 3PT% (62-for-157)
- Josiah Strong: 11.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 42.7 FG%, 42.5 3PT% (65-for-153)
- Kendall Lewis: 9.3 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 49.7 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (17-for-47)
- Sy Chatman: 11.8 PTS, 55.2 FG%
- Mark Freeman: 9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 38.8 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (19-for-51)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.