The BYU Cougars (18-8, 6-5 WCC) hit the road in WCC play against the Pepperdine Waves (7-19, 1-10 WCC) on Saturday, February 12, 2022 at 10:00 PM ET. The Cougars are double-digit favorites by 12.5 points in the game. The matchup has a point total of 145.5.
BYU vs. Pepperdine Predictions
BYU vs. Pepperdine Betting Odds
BYU vs. Pepperdine Last 10 Games
- BYU covered the spread twice in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- BYU and its opponents have hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The Cougars’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 143.7 points scored. That’s 1.8 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Cougars have a points-per-game average 1.9 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Pepperdine is 2-8-0 against the spread in its last 10 games, and has a 1-9 straight-up record in those matchups.
- Pepperdine’s past 10 contests saw five hit the over.
- The past 10 Waves games averaged 3.3 fewer points (142.2) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Waves have scored 4.5 fewer points per contest compared to their 67.7 PPG season-long scoring average.
BYU vs. Pepperdine Betting Trends
- BYU is 10-14-0 against the spread this season.
- The Cougars have an ATS record of 2-6 when playing as at least 12.5-point favorites.
- This season, BYU’s games have hit the over 12 times out of 24 chances.
- The 73.1 points per game the Cougars score are the same as the Waves give up.
- BYU is 3-6 against the spread and 9-1 overall when scoring more than 76.5 points.
- Pepperdine has covered the spread nine times in 25 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 12.5-point underdogs or more, the Waves have an ATS record of 1-6.
- This season, 10 of Pepperdine’s games have gone over the point total out of 25 chances.
- The Waves put up an average of 67.7 points per game, just 0.2 fewer points than the 67.9 the Cougars give up to opponents.
- Pepperdine has put together a 5-5 ATS record and a 6-5 overall record in games it scores more than 67.9 points.
BYU vs. Pepperdine Over/Under Trends
- This season, 10 of BYU’s 24 games have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 145.5 points.
- Eight of Pepperdine’s games finished with a combined score over 145.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 140.8 points per game, 4.7 points fewer than the over/under of 145.5 for this game.
- These two teams give up a combined 144.4 points per game, 1.1 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Cougars have seen a 140.6 average over/under in their games this season, 4.9 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 2.2 points separates this matchup’s over/under (145.5 points) and the average total points bet in Waves’ games (143.3 points) this season.
BYU Team Leaders
- Alex Barcello: 16.8 PTS, 45.5 FG%, 44.2 3PT% (65-for-147)
- Fousseyni Traore: 8.5 PTS, 8.3 REB, 1.3 BLK, 56.2 FG%
- Te’Jon Lucas: 10.3 PTS, 43.4 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (25-for-70)
- Gideon George: 8.0 PTS, 40.2 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (31-for-89)
- Caleb Lohner: 6.2 PTS, 36.8 FG%, 11.9 3PT% (5-for-42)
Pepperdine Team Leaders
- Houston Mallette: 11.7 PTS, 42.1 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (55-for-151)
- Mike Mitchell Jr.: 8.4 PTS, 37.2 FG%, 41.1 3PT% (44-for-107)
- Jan Zidek: 12.7 PTS, 41.2 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (28-for-98)
- Jade’ Smith: 8.6 PTS, 42.2 FG%, 21.4 3PT% (6-for-28)
- Maxwell Lewis: 11.3 PTS, 1.2 STL, 41.7 FG%, 36.7 3PT% (33-for-90)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.