The Hartford Hawks (5-15, 3-5 America East) are 6.5-point underdogs as they try to stop a three-game losing streak when they visit the UMBC Retrievers (11-10, 6-4 America East) on Wednesday, February 9, 2022 at UMBC Event Center. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET. The over/under for the matchup is 144.5.
UMBC vs. Hartford Predictions
UMBC vs. Hartford Betting Odds
UMBC vs. Hartford Last 10 Games
- UMBC covered the spread four times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- UMBC’s past 10 games saw three hit the over.
- The Retrievers’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 140.7 points scored. That’s 3.8 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Retrievers’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 6.1 points lower than their season-long average.
- Hartford has a 4-6 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- Hartford’s past 10 outings saw six hit the over.
- The last 10 Hawks games averaged 136.2 total points, 8.3 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- The Hawks’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 68.9, 0.4 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
UMBC vs. Hartford Betting Trends
- UMBC has covered the spread nine times over 18 games with a set spread.
- The Retrievers have a perfect 2-0 ATS record when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- This season, eight of UMBC’s games have gone over the point total out of 18 chances.
- The Retrievers record just 1.1 fewer points per game (72.6) than the Hawks allow (73.7).
- UMBC is 6-0 against the spread and 8-1 overall when scoring more than 73.7 points.
- Hartford is 8-12-0 against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 6.5-point underdogs or more, the Hawks have an ATS record of 2-2.
- Games involving Hartford have hit the over 13 times out of 21 chances this year.
- The Hawks score an average of 68.5 points per game, just 0.9 fewer points than the 69.4 the Retrievers give up to opponents.
- Hartford is 5-4 against the spread and 3-6 overall when it scores more than 69.4 points.
UMBC vs. Hartford Over/Under Trends
- UMBC and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (144.5 points) eight times this season.
- This season, nine of Hartford’s games have ended with a score higher than 144.5 points.
- The Retrievers average 72.6 points per game against the Hawks’ 68.5, totaling 3.4 points under the matchup’s over/under of 144.5.
- This matchup’s over/under is 1.4 fewer points than the 143.1 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- The Retrievers have seen a 141.7 average over/under in their games this season, 2.8 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 7.4 points separates this matchup’s over/under (144.5 points) and the average total points bet in Hawks’ games (137.1 points) this season.
UMBC Team Leaders
- Keondre Kennedy: 14.4 PTS, 48.8 FG%, 37.2 3PT% (35-for-94)
- Darnell Rogers: 10.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 34.9 FG%, 29.9 3PT% (32-for-107)
- L.J. Owens: 10.6 PTS, 42.6 FG%, 43.0 3PT% (43-for-100)
- Yaw Obeng-Mensah: 7.6 PTS, 53.5 FG%
- Jacob Boonyasith: 5.5 PTS, 36.6 FG%, 32.5 3PT% (27-for-83)
Hartford Team Leaders
- Moses Flowers: 14.1 PTS, 1.6 STL, 49.3 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (27-for-78)
- Austin Williams: 15.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 50.8 FG%, 23.8 3PT% (10-for-42)
- Hunter Marks: 12.3 PTS, 1.3 BLK, 56.3 FG%, 42.6 3PT% (20-for-47)
- David Shriver: 8.8 PTS, 42.1 FG%, 38.8 3PT% (47-for-121)
- DJ Mitchell: 8.0 PTS, 43.7 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (35-for-84)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.