The Mississippi State Bulldogs (14-8, 5-4 SEC) are only 1.5-point underdogs as they look to extend an eight-game home winning streak when they square off against the No. 19 Tennessee Volunteers (16-6, 7-3 SEC) on Wednesday, February 9, 2022 at Humphrey Coliseum. The game airs at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is 135.5.
Tennessee vs. Mississippi State Predictions
Tennessee vs. Mississippi State Betting Odds
Tennessee vs. Mississippi State Last 10 Games
- Tennessee covered the spread five times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- Tennessee’s last 10 contests saw five hit the over.
- The Volunteers’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 134.5 points scored. That’s 1.0 fewer point than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Volunteers have a points-per-game average 3.5 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Mississippi State covered the spread six times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Mississippi State games have exceeded the set total eight times.
- The last 10 Bulldogs games averaged 139.5 total points, 4.0 more points than this matchup’s point total.
- During their last 10 games, the Bulldogs have scored 0.9 fewer points per contest compared to their 73.5 PPG season-long scoring average.
Tennessee vs. Mississippi State Betting Trends
- Tennessee has put together a record of 13-9-0 against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 1.5 points or more, the Volunteers have gone 10-6 against the spread.
- Tennessee games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 10 times this season.
- The Volunteers score 8.1 more points per game (74.5) than the Bulldogs allow (66.4).
- Tennessee has a 10-6 record against the spread and a 13-3 record overall when scoring more than 66.4 points.
- Mississippi State has compiled a 12-10-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Bulldogs are 1-4 ATS when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- This season, Mississippi State’s games have hit the over 13 times.
- The Bulldogs’ 73.5 points per game are 10.5 more points than the 63.0 the Volunteers allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 63.0 points, Mississippi State is 12-6 against the spread and 14-4 overall.
Tennessee vs. Mississippi State Over/Under Trends
- This season, 12 of Tennessee’s 22 games have gone over Wednesday’s over/under of 135.5 points.
- In Mississippi State’s 22 games this season, 12 have finished with more combined scoring than Wednesday’s over/under of 135.5.
- The point total for the matchup of 135.5 is 12.5 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Volunteers (74.5 points per game) and the Bulldogs (73.5 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 129.4 points per game, 6.1 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Volunteers have seen a 138.4 over/under in their games this season, 2.9 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 2.7 points fewer than the average over/under in Bulldogs’ games this season (138.2 points).
Tennessee Team Leaders
- Santiago Vescovi: 13.9 PTS, 1.9 STL, 42.9 FG%, 38.8 3PT% (66-for-170)
- Kennedy Chandler: 13.2 PTS, 5.0 AST, 2.3 STL, 43.3 FG%, 32.5 3PT% (25-for-77)
- Olivier Nkamhoua: 8.6 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 49.7 FG%, 44.8 3PT% (13-for-29)
- Josiah-Jordan James: 7.3 PTS, 1.5 STL, 35.9 FG%, 29.4 3PT% (30-for-102)
- Zakai Zeigler: 8.0 PTS, 1.6 STL, 38.0 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (28-for-81)
Mississippi State Team Leaders
- Iverson Molinar: 18.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 49.1 FG%, 27.6 3PT% (21-for-76)
- Garrison Brooks: 11.4 PTS, 48.3 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (17-for-49)
- Shakeel Moore: 9.9 PTS, 1.7 STL, 41.9 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (34-for-94)
- D.J. Jeffries: 9.6 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (23-for-72)
- Cameron Matthews: 3.6 PTS, 1.7 STL, 59.2 FG%, 40.0 3PT% (4-for-10)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.