The Minnesota Golden Gophers (11-9, 2-9 Big Ten) will try to end a four-game losing streak when they visit the Nebraska Cornhuskers (6-17, 0-12 Big Ten) at 9:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 9, 2022 as 1-point favorites. The Cornhuskers have lost 10 games in a row. The matchup’s over/under is set at 143.5.
Minnesota vs. Nebraska Predictions
Minnesota vs. Nebraska Betting Odds
Minnesota vs. Nebraska Last 10 Games
- Minnesota has a 2-8 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread three times in those games.
- Minnesota’s last 10 games saw six go over the total.
- The last 10 Golden Gophers games averaged 139.6 total points, 3.9 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Across their last 10 games, the Golden Gophers have scored 2.5 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Nebraska has a 0-10 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Nebraska games have exceeded the set total eight times.
- The past 10 Cornhuskers games averaged 3.9 more points (147.4) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Cornhuskers’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 71.3, 0.9 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Minnesota vs. Nebraska Betting Trends
- Minnesota has put together a 9-10-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Golden Gophers have an ATS record of 3-4 when playing as at least 1-point favorites.
- This season, Minnesota’s games have hit the over 11 times out of 19 chances.
- The Golden Gophers average 68.5 points per game, 10.2 fewer points than the 78.7 the Cornhuskers give up.
- Minnesota has a 2-1 record against the spread and a 3-0 record overall when putting up more than 78.7 points.
- Nebraska has compiled an 11-11-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this year when an underdog by 1 point or more, the Cornhuskers have gone 7-7 against the spread.
- Nebraska games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 14 times out of 22 chances this year.
- The Cornhuskers put up only 4.2 more points per game (72.2) than the Golden Gophers allow (68.0).
- When it scores more than 68.0 points, Nebraska is 9-4 against the spread and 6-7 overall.
Minnesota vs. Nebraska Over/Under Trends
- This season, five of Minnesota’s 19 games have gone over Wednesday’s total of 143.5 points.
- In Nebraska’s 22 games this season, 16 have finished with more combined scoring than Wednesday’s point total of 143.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 140.7 points per game, 2.8 points fewer than the point total of 143.5 for this matchup.
- This game’s point total is 3.2 fewer points than the 146.7 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Golden Gophers games is 136.3 points, 7.2 fewer than the over/under of 143.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 2.5 points separates the average total points bet in Cornhuskers’ games (146.0 points) and this contest’s over/under (143.5 points).
Minnesota Team Leaders
- Payton Willis: 16.7 PTS, 1.7 STL, 49.4 FG%, 43.1 3PT% (53-for-123)
- Jamison Battle: 16.1 PTS, 44.8 FG%, 35.9 3PT% (47-for-131)
- E.J. Stephens: 10.6 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43.9 FG%, 37.1 3PT% (26-for-70)
- Eric Curry: 7.1 PTS, 44.4 FG%
- Luke Loewe: 8.1 PTS, 40.1 FG%, 32.8 3PT% (19-for-58)
Nebraska Team Leaders
- Bryce McGowens: 16.7 PTS, 40.5 FG%, 28.0 3PT% (30-for-107)
- Alonzo Verge Jr.: 13.0 PTS, 1.4 STL, 43.1 FG%, 29.7 3PT% (11-for-37)
- Derrick Walker: 9.3 PTS, 68.1 FG%
- C.J. Wilcher: 7.9 PTS, 44.2 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (37-for-96)
- Keisei Tominaga: 6.8 PTS, 40.0 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (34-for-96)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.