The SMU Mustangs (16-5, 7-2 AAC) are underdogs (by 7 points) to continue an eight-game home winning streak when they host the No. 6 Houston Cougars (20-3, 9-0 AAC) on Wednesday, February 9, 2022 at 7:00 PM ET. The point total is set at 134.5 in the matchup.
Houston vs. SMU Predictions
Houston vs. SMU Betting Odds
Houston vs. SMU Last 10 Games
- Houston covered the spread six times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 10-0 record straight-up in those games.
- Houston and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Cougars games averaged 3.9 fewer points (130.6) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Cougars’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 0.4 points higher than their season-long average.
- SMU covered the spread six times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- SMU’s past 10 outings saw three go over the total.
- The Mustangs’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 142.0 points scored. That’s 7.5 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over the past 10 games, the Mustangs are scoring 71.8 points per game compared to their 75.1 season average.
Houston vs. SMU Betting Trends
- Houston is 14-8-0 against the spread this season.
- The Cougars are 10-8 ATS when playing as at least 7-point favorites.
- This season, Houston’s games have hit the over 11 times.
- The Cougars put up 73.6 points per game, 6.5 more points than the 67.1 the Mustangs allow.
- Houston is 12-5 against the spread and 16-1 overall when scoring more than 67.1 points.
- SMU is 10-13-0 against the spread this year.
- The Mustangs have not covered the spread when playing as at least 7-point underdogs (0-1).
- This year, SMU’s games have hit the over 13 times out of 23 chances.
- The Mustangs put up 20.9 more points per game (75.1) than the Cougars give up to opponents (54.2).
- SMU has put together a 10-10 ATS record and a 16-5 overall record in games it scores more than 54.2 points.
Houston vs. SMU Over/Under Trends
- Houston and its opponents have combined to hit the over on Wednesday’s total of 134.5 points eight times this season.
- This season, 18 of SMU’s games have ended with a score higher than 134.5 points.
- The total for the contest of 134.5 is 14.2 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Cougars (73.6 points per game) and the Mustangs (75.1 points per game).
- This matchup’s over/under is 13.2 fewer points than the 121.3 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- The Cougars have seen a 132.3 average over/under in their games this season, 2.2 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- Mustangs’ games have a total points bet of 141.7 points this season, 7.2 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Houston Team Leaders
- Kyler Edwards: 13.9 PTS, 38.4 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (60-for-163)
- Fabian White Jr.: 12.0 PTS, 1.3 BLK, 48.6 FG%, 40.5 3PT% (32-for-79)
- Josh Carlton: 11.8 PTS, 1.4 BLK, 61.7 FG%
- Jamal Shead: 9.0 PTS, 5.1 AST, 1.9 STL, 42.3 FG%, 28.8 3PT% (15-for-52)
- Taze Moore: 7.5 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43.2 FG%, 27.9 3PT% (19-for-68)
SMU Team Leaders
- Kendric Davis: 19.5 PTS, 1.4 STL, 44.8 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (51-for-133)
- Marcus Weathers: 11.8 PTS, 7.0 REB, 55.6 FG%, 38.7 3PT% (12-for-31)
- Michael Weathers: 8.1 PTS, 1.4 STL, 43.0 FG%, 36.0 3PT% (9-for-25)
- Emmanuel Bandoumel: 10.5 PTS, 37.9 FG%, 37.1 3PT% (46-for-124)
- Zach Nutall: 7.7 PTS, 36.4 FG%, 33.7 3PT% (35-for-104)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.