The West Virginia Mountaineers (13-9, 2-7 Big 12) are 1.5-point favorites as they try to stop a seven-game losing streak when they host the Iowa State Cyclones (16-7, 3-7 Big 12) on Tuesday, February 8, 2022 at WVU Coliseum. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 127.5.
West Virginia vs. Iowa State Predictions
West Virginia vs. Iowa State Betting Odds
|West Virginia||-1.5||127.5 points|
West Virginia vs. Iowa State Last 10 Games
- West Virginia covered the spread twice in its last 10 contests while putting up a 3-7 record straight-up in those games.
- West Virginia’s past 10 games saw eight hit the over.
- The Mountaineers’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 133.9 points scored. That’s 6.4 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over the past 10 games, the Mountaineers are scoring 2.8 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Iowa State has a 4-6 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Iowa State’s last 10 outings saw four go over the total.
- The past 10 Cyclones games averaged 1.1 more points (128.6) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their last 10 games, the Cyclones have a 61.4 points-per-game average, 6.6 points below their season-long scoring average.
West Virginia vs. Iowa State Betting Trends
- West Virginia has compiled a 9-13-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 1.5 points or more, the Mountaineers are 7-7 against the spread.
- West Virginia games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 12 times this season.
- The Mountaineers score seven more points per game (68) than the Cyclones allow (61).
- When West Virginia scores more than 61 points, it is 8-9 against the spread and 11-6 overall.
- Iowa State has covered the spread 12 times in 22 games with a set spread.
- In games this year when an underdog by 1.5 points or more, the Cyclones are 7-4 against the spread.
- Games involving Iowa State have hit the over eight times out of 22 chances this season.
- The Cyclones’ 68 points per game are just 2.1 more points than the 65.9 the Mountaineers allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 65.9 points, Iowa State is 9-4 against the spread and 12-2 overall.
West Virginia vs. Iowa State Over/Under Trends
- This season, West Virginia and its opponents have combined to outscore Tuesday’s over/under of 127.5 points 15 times.
- In Iowa State’s 22 games this season, 12 have finished with more combined scoring than Tuesday’s point total of 127.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 136 points per game, 8.5 points more than the over/under of 127.5 for this contest.
- This matchup’s over/under is 0.6 fewer points than the 126.9 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the Mountaineers have seen a 135.8 over/under in their games this season, 8.3 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this contest is 6.2 points fewer than the average over/under in Cyclones’ games this season (133.7 points).
West Virginia Team Leaders
- Taz Sherman: 18 PTS, 1.5 STL, 43.2 FG%, 35.9 3PT% (42-for-117)
- Jalen Bridges: 9 PTS, 43.6 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (26-for-81)
- Sean McNeil: 12.9 PTS, 43 FG%, 37.1 3PT% (39-for-105)
- Gabe Osabuohien: 5.2 PTS, 1.4 STL, 44.4 FG%
- Malik Curry: 8 PTS, 43.7 FG%, 15.8 3PT% (3-for-19)
Iowa State Team Leaders
- Izaiah Brockington: 16.9 PTS, 7.8 REB, 1.2 STL, 46.5 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (18-for-51)
- Tyrese Hunter: 10.5 PTS, 2 STL, 38.7 FG%, 21.4 3PT% (18-for-84)
- Gabe Kalscheur: 9.9 PTS, 1.4 STL, 34.3 FG%, 24.2 3PT% (29-for-120)
- George Conditt IV: 5 PTS, 66.7 FG%
- Caleb Grill: 6.8 PTS, 42.5 FG%, 37.6 3PT% (38-for-101)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.