The No. 13 Illinois Fighting Illini (17-5, 10-2 Big Ten) will look to continue a four-game winning streak when they visit the No. 3 Purdue Boilermakers (20-3, 9-3 Big Ten) at 9:00 PM ET on Tuesday, February 8, 2022 as 6-point underdogs. The Boilermakers have won five games in a row. The matchup’s point total is 147.5.
Purdue vs. Illinois Predictions
Purdue vs. Illinois Betting Odds
Purdue vs. Illinois Last 10 Games
- Purdue covered the spread five times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 8-2 record straight-up in those games.
- Purdue and its opponents have combined to hit the over in eight of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Boilermakers games averaged 145.5 total points, 2.0 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Boilermakers have a points-per-game average 3.5 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Illinois has a 8-2 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- Illinois and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of the past 10 games.
- The Fighting Illini’s last 10 outings have ended with an average of 141.5 points scored. That’s 6.0 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Fighting Illini have a 72.3 points-per-game average, 4.8 points below their season-long scoring average.
Purdue vs. Illinois Betting Trends
- Purdue has covered the spread in a game 12 times this season (12-10-0).
- The Boilermakers are 9-9 ATS when playing as at least 6-point favorites.
- Games involving Purdue have hit the over 15 times out of 22 chances this season.
- The Boilermakers record 84.5 points per game, 19.0 more points than the 65.5 the Fighting Illini give up.
- Purdue has an 11-9 record against the spread and a 20-2 record overall when scoring more than 65.5 points.
- Illinois has gone 11-11-0 against the spread this season.
- This season, Illinois’ games have hit the over 13 times.
- The Fighting Illini put up an average of 77.1 points per game, 8.4 more points than the 68.7 the Boilermakers allow.
- Illinois has put together a 10-6 ATS record and a 14-2 overall record in games it scores more than 68.7 points.
Purdue vs. Illinois Over/Under Trends
- A total of 14 Purdue games this season have gone over Tuesday’s total of 147.5 points.
- There have been eight Illinois games that have finished with a combined score higher than 147.5 points this season.
- The point total for the game of 147.5 is 14.1 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Boilermakers (84.5 points per game) and the Fighting Illini (77.1 points per game).
- This matchup’s point total is 13.3 fewer points than the 134.2 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Boilermakers games is 145.7 points, 1.8 fewer than the over/under of 147.5 points for this contest.
- Fighting Illini games have an over/under of 142.1 points this season, 5.4 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Purdue Team Leaders
- Trevion Williams: 12.4 PTS, 8.2 REB, 56.9 FG%, 44.4 3PT% (4-for-9)
- Jaden Ivey: 16.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 47.7 FG%, 41.1 3PT% (44-for-107)
- Zach Edey: 14.9 PTS, 7.6 REB, 1.1 BLK, 68.5 FG%
- Sasha Stefanovic: 12.1 PTS, 44.5 FG%, 41.9 3PT% (62-for-148)
- Mason Gillis: 6.1 PTS, 56.4 FG%, 51.0 3PT% (25-for-49)
Illinois Team Leaders
- Kofi Cockburn: 18.6 PTS, 9.7 REB, 60.3 FG%
- Trent Frazier: 12.1 PTS, 1.2 STL, 42.1 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (48-for-136)
- Alfonso Plummer: 15.3 PTS, 43.2 FG%, 39.9 3PT% (65-for-163)
- Jacob Grandison: 10.2 PTS, 47.3 FG%, 43.4 3PT% (43-for-99)
- Da’Monte Williams: 4.1 PTS, 31.3 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (17-for-49)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.