The Northern Illinois Huskies (6-14, 3-7 MAC) are underdogs (by 8 points) to stop a three-game home losing streak when they host the Akron Zips (15-6, 8-3 MAC) on Tuesday, February 8, 2022 at 8:00 PM ET. The over/under in the matchup is set at 128.5.
Akron vs. Northern Illinois Predictions
Akron vs. Northern Illinois Betting Odds
Akron vs. Northern Illinois Last 10 Games
- Akron has a 7-3 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Akron’s last 10 games saw four go over the total.
- The past 10 Zips games averaged 9.5 more points (138.0) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their past 10 games, the Zips have a points-per-game average 3.0 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Northern Illinois covered the spread five times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 3-7 record straight-up in those games.
- Northern Illinois and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- The Huskies’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 139.6 points scored. That’s 11.1 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over the past 10 games, the Huskies are scoring 70.2 points per game compared to their 63.5 season average.
Akron vs. Northern Illinois Betting Trends
- Akron has put together a 10-9-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Zips have an ATS record of 2-5 when playing as at least 8-point favorites.
- Akron games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under nine times out of 20 chances this season.
- The 71.6 points per game the Zips record are the same as the Huskies allow.
- Akron is 5-3 against the spread and 9-1 overall when scoring more than 71.7 points.
- Northern Illinois has covered the spread 10 times over 20 games with a set spread.
- The Huskies are 6-6 ATS when playing as at least 8-point underdogs.
- This season, nine of Northern Illinois’ games have gone over the point total.
- The Huskies put up just 0.8 more points per game (63.5) than the Zips give up (62.7).
- When it scores more than 62.7 points, Northern Illinois is 7-5 against the spread and 5-7 overall.
Akron vs. Northern Illinois Over/Under Trends
- Akron and its opponents have combined to outscore Tuesday’s over/under (128.5 points) 12 times this season.
- There have been 14 Northern Illinois games that have finished with a combined score higher than 128.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 135.1 points per game, 6.6 points more than the over/under of 128.5 for this game.
- These two teams surrender a combined 134.4 points per game, 5.9 more than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Zips games is 137.4 points, 8.9 more than the over/under of 128.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 7.7 points fewer than the average over/under in Huskies’ games this season (136.2 points).
Akron Team Leaders
- Enrique Freeman: 12.5 PTS, 10.9 REB, 1.1 BLK, 65.0 FG%
- Xavier Castaneda: 13.2 PTS, 41.8 FG%, 40.5 3PT% (47-for-116)
- Ali Ali: 14.1 PTS, 47.9 FG%, 41.2 3PT% (28-for-68)
- Greg Tribble: 6.9 PTS, 1.3 STL, 43.3 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (4-for-18)
- Bryan Trimble Jr.: 10.6 PTS, 36.9 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (54-for-156)
Northern Illinois Team Leaders
- Trendon Hankerson: 11.0 PTS, 2.0 STL, 36.7 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (43-for-117)
- Keshawn Williams: 15.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.6 FG%, 37.7 3PT% (23-for-61)
- Kaleb Thornton: 8.1 PTS, 40.7 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (17-for-47)
- Anthony Crump: 6.0 PTS, 42.1 FG%, 29.6 3PT% (8-for-27)
- Chinedu Kingsley Okanu: 4.9 PTS, 46.5 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.