The Virginia Tech Hokies (13-10, 5-7 ACC) are heavily favored (-13) to continue a three-game winning streak when they host the Pittsburgh Panthers (8-15, 3-9 ACC) at 7:00 PM ET on Monday, February 7, 2022 at Cassell Coliseum. The matchup’s over/under is 131.5.
Virginia Tech vs. Pittsburgh Predictions
Virginia Tech vs. Pittsburgh Betting Odds
|Virginia Tech||-13||131.5 points|
Virginia Tech vs. Pittsburgh Last 10 Games
- Virginia Tech covered the spread three times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Virginia Tech games has gone over the set total seven times.
- The past 10 Hokies games averaged 0.1 more points (131.6) than this matchup’s point total.
- In their last 10 games, the Hokies have a points-per-game average 0.4 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Pittsburgh has a 3-7 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Pittsburgh’s past 10 outings saw five go over the total.
- The past 10 Panthers games averaged 0.8 fewer points (130.7) than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Panthers are scoring 64.2 points per game compared to their 62.5 season average.
Virginia Tech vs. Pittsburgh Betting Trends
- Virginia Tech is 11-11-0 against the spread this season.
- The Hokies are 5-0 ATS when playing as at least 13-point favorites.
- Virginia Tech’s games have gone over the total 12 times out of 22 chances this season.
- The Hokies put up just 4.1 more points per game (70.8) than the Panthers give up (66.7).
- When Virginia Tech scores more than 66.7 points, it is 8-4 against the spread and 10-2 overall.
- Pittsburgh has registered a 12-11-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Panthers are a perfect 2-0 ATS when playing as at least 13-point underdogs.
- Games involving Pittsburgh have hit the over 10 times this season.
- The Panthers put up just 0.2 fewer points per game (62.5) than the Hokies give up (62.7).
- When it scores more than 62.7 points, Pittsburgh is 7-5 against the spread and 6-6 overall.
Virginia Tech vs. Pittsburgh Over/Under Trends
- This season, Virginia Tech games have seen a combined score higher than this matchup’s 131.5-point total 12 times.
- This season, 10 games Pittsburgh played finished with a combined score higher than 131.5 points.
- The Hokies average 70.8 points per game against the Panthers’ 62.5, amounting to 1.8 points over the contest’s point total of 131.5.
- These two teams surrender a combined 129.4 points per game, 2.1 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Hokies games is 132.9 points, 1.4 more than the over/under of 131.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 0.1 points separates the average total points bet in Panthers’ games (131.6 points) and this game’s over/under (131.5 points).
Virginia Tech Team Leaders
- Keve Aluma: 15.2 PTS, 51.9 FG%, 26.5 3PT% (13-for-49)
- Justyn Mutts: 10.7 PTS, 7.2 REB, 1.3 STL, 56.1 FG%, 40 3PT% (14-for-35)
- Hunter Cattoor: 10.4 PTS, 44.9 FG%, 46.8 3PT% (59-for-126)
- Nahiem Alleyne: 10.2 PTS, 35.8 FG%, 37.7 3PT% (43-for-114)
- Storm Murphy: 8.9 PTS, 47.2 FG%, 38.8 3PT% (38-for-98)
Pittsburgh Team Leaders
- John Hugley: 14.7 PTS, 8.3 REB, 44.4 FG%, 15.6 3PT% (5-for-32)
- Mouhamadou Gueye: 8.8 PTS, 1.9 BLK, 40.5 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (27-for-78)
- Femi Odukale: 12.6 PTS, 40.6 FG%, 35.2 3PT% (25-for-71)
- Jamarius Burton: 12.9 PTS, 42 FG%, 32.8 3PT% (20-for-61)
- William Jeffress Jr.: 3.6 PTS, 29.1 FG%, 18.2 3PT% (8-for-44)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.