The Southern Jaguars (12-10, 7-2 SWAC) are heavily favored (by 11.5 points) to continue a three-game home win streak when they host the Alabama State Hornets (7-16, 5-5 SWAC) on Monday, February 7, 2022 at 8:30 PM ET. The point total for the matchup is set at 145.5.
Southern vs. Alabama State Predictions
Southern vs. Alabama State Betting Odds
Southern vs. Alabama State Last 10 Games
- Southern covered the spread six times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Southern’s past 10 contests saw six hit the over.
- The last 10 Jaguars games averaged 138.6 total points, 6.9 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- During their last 10 games, the Jaguars have a points-per-game average 0.5 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Alabama State has a 4-6 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Alabama State games have gone over the set total four times.
- The Hornets’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 137.5 points scored. That’s eight fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Hornets are scoring 70 points per game compared to their 68.2 season average.
Southern vs. Alabama State Betting Trends
- Southern is 14-7-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 11.5-point favorites or more, the Jaguars have an ATS record of 2-1.
- This season, Southern’s games have hit the over 11 times out of 21 chances.
- The 70.5 points per game the Jaguars put up are the same as the Hornets allow.
- When Southern totals more than 74.5 points, it is 6-1 against the spread and 7-1 overall.
- Alabama State has covered the spread 15 times in 22 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 11.5-point underdogs or more, the Hornets have an ATS record of 7-2.
- Games involving Alabama State have hit the over 10 times out of 22 chances this year.
- The Hornets’ 68.2 points per game are just 2.1 more points than the 66.1 the Jaguars allow.
- Alabama State has put together a 9-2 ATS record and a 6-6 overall record in games it scores more than 66.1 points.
Southern vs. Alabama State Over/Under Trends
- Six Southern games this season have gone over Monday’s total of 145.5 points.
- Nine of Alabama State’s games finished with a combined score over 145.5 points this season.
- The over/under for the contest of 145.5 is 6.8 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Jaguars (70.5 points per game) and the Hornets (68.2 points per game).
- The 140.6 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 4.9 fewer than the 145.5 over/under in this contest.
- The Jaguars have seen a 139.7 average over/under in their games this season, 5.8 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 4.8 points separates this contest’s over/under (145.5 points) and the average total points bet in Hornets’ games (140.7 points) this season.
Southern Team Leaders
- Jayden Saddler: 11.2 PTS, 1.9 STL, 49.8 FG%
- Tyrone Lyons: 13.3 PTS, 1.7 STL, 51.9 FG%, 51.9 3PT% (28-for-54)
- Brion Whitley: 12 PTS, 1.1 STL, 44.9 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (49-for-128)
- Terrell Williams Jr.: 9.3 PTS, 48.4 FG%, 36 3PT% (18-for-50)
- P.J. Byrd: 7.8 PTS, 1.4 STL, 41.8 FG%, 39 3PT% (16-for-41)
Alabama State Team Leaders
- Kenny Strawbridge: 9.4 PTS, 1.4 STL, 42.9 FG%, 20.9 3PT% (9-for-43)
- Jordan O’Neal: 7.9 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 50 FG%
- Isaiah Range: 9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 44.6 FG%, 30 3PT% (18-for-60)
- Gerald Liddell: 10.5 PTS, 1.1 STL, 43.2 FG%, 41.9 3PT% (13-for-31)
- Trace Young: 12.6 PTS, 42.5 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (24-for-72)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.