The Sacramento State Hornets (6-12, 2-9 Big Sky) visit the Portland State Vikings (7-13, 5-7 Big Sky) after losing three straight road games. The Vikings are favored by 7.5 points in the matchup, which tips at 10:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 5, 2022. The point total for the matchup is set at 136.5.
Portland State vs. Sacramento State Predictions
Portland State vs. Sacramento State Betting Odds
|Portland State||-7.5||136.5 points|
Portland State vs. Sacramento State Last 10 Games
- Portland State is 3-7 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread in its last 10 contests.
- Portland State and its opponents have hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Vikings games averaged 5.5 more points (142) than this matchup’s point total.
- During their last 10 games, the Vikings have scored 3.8 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Sacramento State covered the spread four times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 2-8 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Sacramento State games have surpassed the set total three times.
- The past 10 Hornets games averaged 2.3 more points (138.8) than this matchup’s point total.
- In their past 10 games, the Hornets have a 64.4 points-per-game average, 0.2 points below their season-long scoring average.
Portland State vs. Sacramento State Betting Trends
- Portland State has registered a 10-8-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Vikings have yet to cover a spread (0-1) when playing as at least 7.5-point favorites.
- Portland State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under eight times out of 18 chances this season.
- The Vikings average only 3.5 more points per game (73) than the Hornets allow (69.5).
- Portland State has a 5-1 record against the spread and a 5-3 record overall when scoring more than 69.5 points.
- Sacramento State is 6-10-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were an underdog in by 7.5 points or more so far this year, the Hornets went 3-4 against the spread.
- Games involving Sacramento State have hit the over six times out of 16 chances this year.
- The Hornets put up an average of 64.6 points per game, 7.7 fewer points than the 72.3 the Vikings give up to opponents.
- Sacramento State is 2-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall when it scores more than 72.3 points.
Portland State vs. Sacramento State Over/Under Trends
- This season, nine of Portland State’s 18 games have gone over Saturday’s total of 136.5 points.
- This season, seven of Sacramento State’s games have ended with a score higher than 136.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 137.6 points per game, 1.1 points more than the over/under of 136.5 for this game.
- These two teams give up a combined 141.8 points per game, 5.3 more than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Vikings have seen a 141 over/under in their games this season, 4.5 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 1.7 points separates the average total points bet in Hornets’ games (138.2 points) and this matchup’s over/under (136.5 points).
Portland State Team Leaders
- Khalid Thomas: 10.6 PTS, 1.8 STL, 40.2 FG%, 25 3PT% (23-for-92)
- Ezekiel Alley: 9.4 PTS, 1.1 STL, 44.2 FG%, 35 3PT% (21-for-60)
- James Jean-Marie: 12.9 PTS, 8.9 REB, 52.2 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (5-for-12)
- Michael Carter III: 9.3 PTS, 35.6 FG%, 29.6 3PT% (16-for-54)
- Marlon Ruffin: 10.2 PTS, 40 FG%, 32.6 3PT% (15-for-46)
Sacramento State Team Leaders
- Bryce Fowler: 16 PTS, 1.8 STL, 45.9 FG%, 34.2 3PT% (13-for-38)
- Zach Chappell: 12.9 PTS, 1.4 STL, 40.4 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (29-for-81)
- Cameron Wilbon: 8.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43.6 FG%, 34.8 3PT% (8-for-23)
- Jonathan Komagum: 6 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 50 FG%
- William FitzPatrick: 8.5 PTS, 37.6 FG%, 40.6 3PT% (43-for-106)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.