The Winthrop Eagles (14-8, 7-2 Big South) visit the Hampton Pirates (6-13, 2-6 Big South) in a matchup of Big South teams at Hampton Convocation Center, tipping off at 5:30 PM ET on Saturday, February 5, 2022. The Pirates are 8.5-point underdogs in the game. The matchup’s over/under is set at 138.5.
Winthrop vs. Hampton Predictions
Winthrop vs. Hampton Betting Odds
Winthrop vs. Hampton Last 10 Games
- Winthrop covered the spread twice in its past 10 contests while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- Winthrop and its opponents have hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Eagles games averaged four more points (142.5) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Eagles’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 3.8 points lower than their season-long average.
- Hampton has a 3-7 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Hampton and its opponents have combined to hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Pirates games averaged 5.4 fewer points (133.1) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Pirates have a 62 points-per-game average, 0.6 points below their season-long scoring average.
Winthrop vs. Hampton Betting Trends
- Winthrop has covered the spread five times in 19 games with a set spread.
- The Eagles are winless against the spread when they have played as 8.5-point favorites or more (0-2).
- Games involving Winthrop have hit the over 11 times out of 19 chances this season.
- The 75.8 points per game the Eagles record are 8.3 more points than the Pirates allow (67.5).
- Winthrop has a 4-6 record against the spread and an 11-2 record overall when putting up more than 67.5 points.
- Hampton has covered the spread eight times over 18 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 8.5-point underdogs or more, the Pirates have an ATS record of 3-6.
- Games involving Hampton have hit the over seven times this year.
- The Pirates put up an average of 62.6 points per game, 9.6 fewer points than the 72.2 the Eagles give up.
- Hampton has put together a 1-1 ATS record and a 2-1 overall record in games it scores more than 72.2 points.
Winthrop vs. Hampton Over/Under Trends
- Winthrop and its opponents have combined to exceed Saturday’s over/under of 138.5 points 12 times this season.
- There have been five Hampton games that have ended with a combined score higher than 138.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 138.4 points per game, 0.1 points fewer than the point total of 138.5 for this game.
- The 139.7 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 1.2 more than the 138.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Eagles games is 145.1 points, 6.6 more than the over/under of 138.5 points for this contest.
- Pirates games have an over/under of 136.2 points this season, 2.3 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Winthrop Team Leaders
- D.J. Burns: 15.8 PTS, 61.8 FG%
- Cory Hightower: 11.1 PTS, 1.1 STL, 43.3 FG%, 39.5 3PT% (32-for-81)
- Patrick Good: 11.3 PTS, 1.1 STL, 49.7 FG%, 44.7 3PT% (55-for-123)
- Michael Anumba: 7.9 PTS, 47.1 FG%, 39.6 3PT% (19-for-48)
- Drew Buggs: 5.3 PTS, 46.2 FG%, 40 3PT% (12-for-30)
Hampton Team Leaders
- Najee Garvin: 16.1 PTS, 41 FG%, 27.7 3PT% (13-for-47)
- Russell Dean: 13.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 35 FG%, 28.9 3PT% (22-for-76)
- Dajour Dickens: 5.1 PTS, 2.2 BLK, 55.7 FG%
- Deangelo Epps: 6.2 PTS, 45.1 FG%, 31.3 3PT% (10-for-32)
- Rio Haskett: 4.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 30 FG%, 25.6 3PT% (11-for-43)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.