The Youngstown State Penguins (13-10, 7-6 Horizon) are underdogs (+1.5) in their attempt to build on a three-game win streak when they visit the UIC Flames (8-12, 4-7 Horizon) at 2:00 PM ET on Saturday, February 5, 2022 at Credit Union 1 Arena. The matchup has an over/under set at 143.5 points.
UIC vs. Youngstown State Predictions
UIC vs. Youngstown State Betting Odds
UIC vs. Youngstown State Last 10 Games
- UIC is 5-5 overall and 3-7-0 against the spread over its past 10 contests.
- UIC and its opponents have hit the over in nine of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Flames games averaged 138.6 total points, 4.9 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- Across their last 10 games, the Flames have scored 2.4 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Youngstown State is 5-5 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread in its past 10 contests.
- Youngstown State’s last 10 outings saw four go over the total.
- The Penguins’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 139.8 points scored. That’s 3.7 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Penguins’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 70.4, 2.1 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
UIC vs. Youngstown State Betting Trends
- UIC is 8-11-0 against the spread this season.
- The Flames are winless against the spread when they have played as 1.5-point favorites or more (0-5).
- Games involving UIC have hit the over 13 times out of 19 chances this season.
- The 70.9 points per game the Flames average are just 2.4 more points than the Penguins give up (68.5).
- UIC is 5-6 against the spread and 6-6 overall when scoring more than 68.5 points.
- Youngstown State has put together a 10-11-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this season when an underdog by 1.5 points or more, the Penguins have gone 4-5 against the spread.
- This season, 11 of Youngstown State’s games have gone over the point total out of 21 chances.
- The Penguins’ 72.5 points per game are just 0.6 fewer points than the 73.1 the Flames allow to opponents.
- Youngstown State is 4-3 against the spread and 8-1 overall when it scores more than 73.1 points.
UIC vs. Youngstown State Over/Under Trends
- This season, UIC games have seen a combined score higher than this game’s 143.5-point over/under 10 times.
- This season, eight games Youngstown State played finished with a combined score over 143.5 points.
- The Flames average 70.9 points per game against the Penguins’ 72.5, amounting to 0.1 points under the matchup’s point total of 143.5.
- These two teams surrender a combined 141.6 points per game, 1.9 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Flames games is 137.7 points, 5.8 fewer than the over/under of 143.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 3.2 points separates this contest’s over/under (143.5 points) and the average total points bet in Penguins’ games (140.3 points) this season.
UIC Team Leaders
- Damaria Franklin: 17.8 PTS, 7.1 REB, 1.4 STL, 44.8 FG%, 29.6 3PT% (29-for-98)
- Kevin Johnson: 13.8 PTS, 5.1 AST, 1.2 STL, 44.7 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (38-for-103)
- Zion Griffin: 11 PTS, 50.9 FG%, 36.6 3PT% (30-for-82)
- Jalen Warren: 7.3 PTS, 39.2 FG%, 23.3 3PT% (10-for-43)
- Filip: 6.6 PTS, 43.2 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (28-for-79)
Youngstown State Team Leaders
- Michael Akuchie: 13.6 PTS, 7.3 REB, 46.8 FG%, 30 3PT% (18-for-60)
- Dwayne Cohill: 12.3 PTS, 43.8 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (17-for-49)
- Tevin Olison: 11.8 PTS, 39.8 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (43-for-124)
- Shemar Rathan-Mayes: 8.7 PTS, 41.7 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (25-for-60)
- Myles Hunter: 5.1 PTS, 47.4 FG%, 34.3 3PT% (12-for-35)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.