The McNeese Cowboys (8-15, 2-4 Southland) will attempt to break a three-game losing streak when they host the Northwestern State Demons (7-16, 3-3 Southland) on Saturday, February 5, 2022 at Burton Coliseum as 4.5-point favorites. The matchup airs at 5:00 PM ET. The point total for the matchup is set at 154.5.
McNeese vs. Northwestern State Predictions
McNeese vs. Northwestern State Betting Odds
McNeese vs. Northwestern State Last 10 Games
- McNeese has a 2-8 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- McNeese and its opponents have hit the over in seven of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Cowboys games averaged 8.2 fewer points (146.3) than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Cowboys are scoring 3.5 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Northwestern State has a 4-6 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- Northwestern State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in eight of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Demons games averaged 151.7 total points, 2.8 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Demons’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 77.2, 4.4 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
McNeese vs. Northwestern State Betting Trends
- McNeese has covered the spread eight times in 18 games with a set spread.
- The Cowboys are winless against the spread when they are 4.5-point favorites or more (0-1).
- This season, McNeese’s games have hit the over 11 times out of 19 chances.
- The 76.1 points per game the Cowboys record are the same as the Demons allow.
- Northwestern State has covered the spread 11 times in 20 games with a set spread.
- The Demons have an ATS record of 9-6-1 when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- This season, 14 of Northwestern State’s games have gone over the point total out of 20 chances.
- The Demons’ 72.8 points per game are only 1.2 fewer points than the 74 the Cowboys give up to opponents.
- Northwestern State is 4-0-1 against the spread and 6-2 overall when it scores more than 74 points.
McNeese vs. Northwestern State Over/Under Trends
- McNeese and its opponents have combined to go over Saturday’s over/under of 154.5 points five times this season.
- There have been 11 Northwestern State games that have ended with a combined score higher than 154.5 points this season.
- The total for the contest of 154.5 is 5.6 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Cowboys (76.1 points per game) and the Demons (72.8 points per game).
- This game’s total is 0.2 fewer points than the 154.7 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- The Cowboys have seen a 146.2 average over/under in their games this season, 8.3 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- Demons games have an over/under of 148.4 points this season, 6.1 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
McNeese Team Leaders
- Christian Shumate: 11.2 PTS, 52.2 FG%, 20 3PT% (6-for-30)
- Myles Lewis: 10.5 PTS, 1.2 STL, 51 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (2-for-9)
- Kellon Taylor: 10.2 PTS, 46.2 FG%, 20 3PT% (6-for-30)
- Brendan Medley-Bacon: 9.9 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 54.8 FG%
- Zach Scott: 9.3 PTS, 1.3 STL, 42.5 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (45-for-108)
Northwestern State Team Leaders
- Kendal Coleman: 14.7 PTS, 9.5 REB, 1.2 STL, 52.8 FG%
- Cedric Garrett: 7.8 PTS, 39.1 FG%, 31.4 3PT% (22-for-70)
- Larry Owens: 7.3 PTS, 57.5 FG%
- Brian White: 6.5 PTS, 1.2 STL, 50 FG%, 44.7 3PT% (17-for-38)
- Carvell Teasett: 13.3 PTS, 40.1 FG%, 40.2 3PT% (41-for-102)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.