Two struggling teams square off when the Jackson State Tigers (4-16, 2-7 SWAC) visit the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (1-18, 1-8 SWAC) on Saturday, February 5, 2022 at 5:00 PM ET. The Delta Devils are 9.5-point underdogs as they look to end a six-game losing streak against the Tigers, losers of four straight. The matchup has a point total of 133.5.
Jackson State vs. Mississippi Valley State Predictions
Jackson State vs. Mississippi Valley State Betting Odds
|Jackson State||-9.5||133.5 points|
Jackson State vs. Mississippi Valley State Last 10 Games
- Jackson State has a 2-8 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread three times in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Jackson State games has gone over the set total five times.
- The Tigers’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 126.5 points scored. That’s seven fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Tigers’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 2.2 points higher than their season-long average.
- Mississippi Valley State covered the spread four times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 1-9 record straight-up in those games.
- Mississippi Valley State’s past 10 outings saw seven hit the over.
- The last 10 Delta Devils games averaged 145.5 total points, 12 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During the last 10 games, the Delta Devils are scoring 67.6 points per game compared to their 64.7 season average.
Jackson State vs. Mississippi Valley State Betting Trends
- Jackson State has put together a record of 10-10-0 against the spread this season.
- This season, nine of Jackson State’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Tigers score 58.6 points per game, 26.7 fewer points than the 85.3 the Delta Devils give up.
- Mississippi Valley State has gone 9-10-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were an underdog in by 9.5 points or more so far this season, the Delta Devils have gone 7-7 against the spread.
- This year, 13 of Mississippi Valley State’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Delta Devils’ 64.7 points per game are just 2.7 fewer points than the 67.4 the Tigers allow to opponents.
- Mississippi Valley State is 3-5 against the spread and 1-7 overall when it scores more than 67.4 points.
Jackson State vs. Mississippi Valley State Over/Under Trends
- Jackson State and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total of 133.5 points nine times this season.
- There have been 14 Mississippi Valley State games that have finished with a combined score over 133.5 points this season.
- The Tigers average 58.6 points per game against the Delta Devils’ 64.7, amounting to 10.2 points under the game’s over/under of 133.5.
- These two teams give up a combined 152.7 points per game, 19.2 more than this contest’s over/under.
- The Tigers have seen a 129.9 average over/under in their games this season, 3.6 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- Delta Devils’ games have a total points bet of 146.3 points this season, 12.8 points more than the over/under for this game.
Jackson State Team Leaders
- Jayveous McKinnis: 12.2 PTS, 10.2 REB, 1.3 STL, 3.4 BLK, 54.8 FG%
- Terence Lewis II: 6 PTS, 50 FG%
- Jonas James: 7 PTS, 1.2 STL, 32.7 FG%, 23.2 3PT% (13-for-56)
- Ken Evans: 5 PTS, 31.6 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (17-for-51)
- Chance Moore: 7.8 PTS, 31.7 FG%, 34.5 3PT% (19-for-55)
Mississippi Valley State Team Leaders
- Caleb Hunter: 13.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 31.7 FG%, 27.3 3PT% (44-for-161)
- Robert Carpenter: 17.8 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 38.7 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (25-for-78)
- Gary Grant: 8.6 PTS, 41.9 FG%, 26.3 3PT% (5-for-19)
- Elijah Davis: 4.3 PTS, 1.3 STL, 38.8 FG%
- David McCoy: 5.1 PTS, 1.4 STL, 41.7 FG%, 27.3 3PT% (6-for-22)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.