The Grambling Tigers (9-12, 6-2 SWAC) host the Alabama State Hornets (6-16, 4-5 SWAC) after winning three straight home games. The Tigers are favored by 3.5 points in the contest, which starts at 3:30 PM ET on Saturday, February 5, 2022. The over/under for the matchup is set at 142.5.
Grambling vs. Alabama State Predictions
Grambling vs. Alabama State Betting Odds
Grambling vs. Alabama State Last 10 Games
- Grambling has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- Grambling and its opponents have combined to hit the over in eight of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Tigers games averaged 7.2 fewer points (135.3) than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the last 10 games, the Tigers are scoring 3.8 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Alabama State covered the spread seven times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- Alabama State and its opponents have combined to hit the over in three of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Hornets games averaged 5.5 fewer points (137) than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over the past 10 games, the Hornets are scoring 67.3 points per game compared to their 67.7 season average.
Grambling vs. Alabama State Betting Trends
- Grambling has covered the spread eight times in 20 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 3.5-point favorites or more, the Tigers have an ATS record of 1-1.
- This season, 11 of Grambling’s games have gone over the point total out of 20 chances.
- The Tigers score nine fewer points per game (65.6) than the Hornets allow (74.6).
- When Grambling scores more than 74.6 points, it is 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
- Alabama State has covered the spread 14 times over 21 games with a set spread.
- In games this year when an underdog by 3.5 points or more, the Hornets are 9-3 against the spread.
- Alabama State games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under nine times out of 21 chances this year.
- The Hornets average only 4.6 fewer points per game (67.7) than the Tigers allow (72.3).
- When it scores more than 72.3 points, Alabama State is 5-0 against the spread and 4-2 overall.
Grambling vs. Alabama State Over/Under Trends
- Grambling and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under (142.5 points) six times this season.
- This season, eight games Alabama State played finished with a combined score over 142.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 133.3 points per game, 9.2 points fewer than the over/under of 142.5 for this contest.
- The 146.9 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 4.4 more than the 142.5 total in this contest.
- This season the average total for Tigers games is 137.7 points, 4.8 fewer than the over/under of 142.5 points for this contest.
- Hornets games have an over/under of 140.7 points this season, 1.8 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Grambling Team Leaders
- Tra’Michael Moton: 11 PTS, 1.5 STL, 41.7 FG%, 31 3PT% (13-for-42)
- Cameron Christon: 13.6 PTS, 44.8 FG%, 42.7 3PT% (32-for-75)
- A.J. Taylor: 8.7 PTS, 1.3 BLK, 44.4 FG%, 34.5 3PT% (20-for-58)
- Shawndarius Cowart: 6.5 PTS, 41.6 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (7-for-21)
- Prince Moss: 6.9 PTS, 1.1 STL, 32.5 FG%, 31 3PT% (9-for-29)
Alabama State Team Leaders
- Kenny Strawbridge: 9.3 PTS, 1.3 STL, 42.2 FG%, 21.4 3PT% (9-for-42)
- Jordan O’Neal: 7.9 PTS, 1.2 BLK, 50.5 FG%
- Isaiah Range: 9.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45 FG%, 31 3PT% (18-for-58)
- Gerald Liddell: 10.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 42.9 FG%, 40 3PT% (12-for-30)
- Trace Young: 13.2 PTS, 43.8 FG%, 33.8 3PT% (23-for-68)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.