The Western Carolina Catamounts (9-14, 3-7 SoCon) are heavy underdogs (by 11.5 points) to stop a seven-game road losing streak when they visit the VMI Keydets (13-10, 6-5 SoCon) on Friday, February 4, 2022 at 6:00 PM ET. The over/under is 156.5 in the matchup.
VMI vs. Western Carolina Predictions
VMI vs. Western Carolina Betting Odds
VMI vs. Western Carolina Last 10 Games
- VMI covered the spread seven times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 VMI games has gone over the set total seven times.
- The last 10 Keydets games averaged 148.6 total points, 7.9 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Across their last 10 games, the Keydets have scored 0.4 fewer points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Western Carolina covered the spread five times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 2-8 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Western Carolina games have gone over the set total four times.
- The past 10 Catamounts games averaged 5.4 fewer points (151.1) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Catamounts’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 68.8, 4.5 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
VMI vs. Western Carolina Betting Trends
- VMI has covered the spread 12 times over 20 games with a set spread.
- Games involving VMI have hit the over 13 times out of 20 chances this season.
- The 79.2 points per game the Keydets average are only 1.0 more point than the Catamounts give up (78.2).
- VMI has a 7-1 record against the spread and a 9-2 record overall when scoring more than 78.2 points.
- Western Carolina has covered the spread 12 times this year (12-11-0).
- In games they have played as 11.5-point underdogs or more, the Catamounts have an ATS record of 3-1.
- Western Carolina games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 12 times out of 24 chances this season.
- The Catamounts score an average of 73.3 points per game, just 1.9 more points than the 71.4 the Keydets allow to opponents.
- Western Carolina has put together an 8-5 ATS record and a 7-6 overall record in games it scores more than 71.4 points.
VMI vs. Western Carolina Over/Under Trends
- VMI and its opponents have combined to outscore Friday’s total (156.5 points) seven times this season.
- This season, nine of Western Carolina’s games have ended with a score higher than 156.5 points.
- The Keydets average 79.2 points per game against the Catamounts’ 73.3, amounting to 4.0 points under the game’s point total of 156.5.
- The 149.6 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 6.9 fewer than the 156.5 total in this contest.
- This season the average total for Keydets games is 145.8 points, 10.7 fewer than the over/under of 156.5 points for this contest.
- Catamounts games have an over/under of 148.9 points this season, 7.6 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
VMI Team Leaders
- Jake Stephens: 18.6 PTS, 9.0 REB, 2.2 BLK, 54.4 FG%, 44.7 3PT% (51-for-114)
- Kamdyn Curfman: 17.0 PTS, 44.9 FG%, 41.1 3PT% (86-for-209)
- Sean Conway: 9.1 PTS, 40.1 FG%, 33.6 3PT% (42-for-125)
- Trey Bonham: 10.9 PTS, 1.3 STL, 48.1 FG%, 34.7 3PT% (17-for-49)
- Honor Huff: 9.0 PTS, 44.0 FG%, 37.8 3PT% (34-for-90)
Western Carolina Team Leaders
- Nick Robinson: 15.0 PTS, 7.2 REB, 1.2 STL, 39.9 FG%, 33.6 3PT% (47-for-140)
- Vonterius Woolbright: 9.9 PTS, 45.2 FG%, 26.1 3PT% (6-for-23)
- Joe Petrakis: 8.3 PTS, 40.7 FG%, 34.5 3PT% (40-for-116)
- Cam Bacote: 7.9 PTS, 36.8 FG%, 29.4 3PT% (30-for-102)
- Tyler Harris: 6.8 PTS, 36.8 FG%, 31.8 3PT% (27-for-85)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.