The Canisius Golden Griffins (7-15, 3-8 MAAC) host the Iona Gaels (18-3, 10-0 MAAC) after winning five home games in a row. The Gaels are double-digit favorites by 11.5 points in the contest, which begins at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, February 4, 2022. The matchup has an over/under set at 146.5 points.
Iona vs. Canisius Predictions
Iona vs. Canisius Betting Odds
Iona vs. Canisius Last 10 Games
- Iona covered the spread six times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 9-1 record straight-up in those games.
- Iona and its opponents have hit the over in five of those 10 games.
- The Gaels’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 142.5 points scored. That’s 4.0 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Gaels have scored 1.6 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- Canisius has a 3-7 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread three times in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Canisius games have gone over the set total three times.
- The past 10 Golden Griffins games averaged 3.2 fewer points (143.3) than this matchup’s point total.
- Over their last 10 games, the Golden Griffins have scored 2.0 fewer points per contest compared to their 69.1 PPG season-long scoring average.
Iona vs. Canisius Betting Trends
- Iona has covered the spread in a game 13 times this season (13-7-0).
- In games they have played as 11.5-point favorites or more, the Gaels have an ATS record of 3-1.
- This season, 10 of Iona’s games have gone over the point total.
- The 77.5 points per game the Gaels record are 5.2 more points than the Golden Griffins allow (72.3).
- Iona is 8-5 against the spread and 14-1 overall when scoring more than 72.3 points.
- Canisius has covered the spread in a matchup five times this year (5-12-0).
- The Golden Griffins have a perfect 3-0 ATS record when playing as at least 11.5-point underdogs.
- Canisius games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under seven times out of 17 chances this year.
- The Golden Griffins score an average of 69.1 points per game, only 0.4 fewer points than the 69.5 the Gaels give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 69.5 points, Canisius is 2-5 against the spread and 5-4 overall.
Iona vs. Canisius Over/Under Trends
- This season, nine of Iona’s 21 games have gone over Friday’s total of 146.5 points.
- This season, six of Canisius’ games have finished with a combined score higher than 146.5 points.
- The point total for the contest of 146.5 is 0.1 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Gaels (77.5 points per game) and the Golden Griffins (69.1 points per game).
- This matchup’s over/under is 4.7 fewer points than the 141.8 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the over/under in Gaels games is 4.2 points fewer than the over/under of 146.5 points in this contest.
- A difference of 2.4 points separates this game’s over/under (146.5 points) and the average total points bet in Golden Griffins’ games (144.1 points) this season.
Iona Team Leaders
- Nelly Junior Joseph: 13.7 PTS, 8.3 REB, 1.8 BLK, 53.9 FG%
- Tyson Jolly: 14.7 PTS, 45.4 FG%, 36.7 3PT% (29-for-79)
- Dylan van Eyck: 9.1 PTS, 61.5 FG%, 43.2 3PT% (16-for-37)
- Elijah Joiner: 11.3 PTS, 40.4 FG%, 23.0 3PT% (17-for-74)
- Quinn Slazinski: 9.1 PTS, 34.3 FG%, 32.9 3PT% (24-for-73)
Canisius Team Leaders
- Armon Harried: 12.0 PTS, 35.1 FG%, 29.0 3PT% (27-for-93)
- Jordan Henderson: 10.2 PTS, 37.8 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (39-for-123)
- Ahamadou Fofana: 9.2 PTS, 40.0 FG%, 34.2 3PT% (27-for-79)
- Jacco Fritz: 7.7 PTS, 51.0 FG%, 31.6 3PT% (6-for-19)
- Malek Green: 10.4 PTS, 47.8 FG%, 34.4 3PT% (11-for-32)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.