The Akron Zips (13-6, 6-3 MAC) are favored (by 7 points) to build on a three-game home winning streak when they host the Miami (OH) RedHawks (9-11, 3-6 MAC) on Friday, February 4, 2022 at 6:30 PM ET. The over/under is set at 138 in the matchup.
Akron vs. Miami (OH) Predictions
Akron vs. Miami (OH) Betting Odds
Akron vs. Miami (OH) Last 10 Games
- Akron covered the spread four times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- Akron’s last 10 games saw five go over the total.
- The past 10 Zips games averaged 2.0 more points (140.0) than this matchup’s point total.
- During the last 10 games, the Zips are scoring 1.6 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Miami (OH) is 1-9-0 against the spread over its past 10 games, and has a 3-7 straight-up record in those matchups.
- Miami (OH) and its opponents have combined to hit the over in seven of the past 10 games.
- The RedHawks’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 145.2 points scored. That’s 7.2 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- The RedHawks’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 73.6, 2.9 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Akron vs. Miami (OH) Betting Trends
- Akron is 8-9-0 against the spread this season.
- The Zips are 2-5 ATS when playing as at least 7-point favorites.
- Akron games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under nine times out of 18 chances this season.
- The Zips record 71.9 points per game, just 0.5 fewer points than the 72.4 the RedHawks give up.
- Akron is 5-3 against the spread and 9-1 overall when scoring more than 72.4 points.
- Miami (OH) has covered the spread five times this year (5-12-0).
- In games they have played as 7-point underdogs or more, the RedHawks have an ATS record of 2-1.
- This year, Miami (OH)’s games have hit the over 11 times out of 17 chances.
- The RedHawks’ 76.5 points per game are 13.2 more points than the 63.3 the Zips give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 63.3 points, Miami (OH) is 4-11 against the spread and 9-9 overall.
Akron vs. Miami (OH) Over/Under Trends
- Akron and its opponents have combined to go over Friday’s total of 138 points eight times this season.
- This season, 14 games Miami (OH) played finished with a combined score higher than 138 points.
- The Zips average 71.9 points per game against the RedHawks’ 76.5, amounting to 10.4 points over the contest’s point total of 138.
- The 135.7 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 2.3 fewer than the 138 over/under in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Zips games is 0.4 points fewer than the over/under of 138 points in this matchup.
- The over/under for this contest is 5.7 points fewer than the average over/under in RedHawks’ games this season (143.7 points).
Akron Team Leaders
- Enrique Freeman: 12.5 PTS, 10.8 REB, 1.1 BLK, 65.3 FG%
- Xavier Castaneda: 13.3 PTS, 41.0 FG%, 37.6 3PT% (41-for-109)
- Ali Ali: 13.9 PTS, 48.2 FG%, 42.4 3PT% (25-for-59)
- Bryan Trimble Jr.: 10.9 PTS, 36.4 FG%, 33.8 3PT% (49-for-145)
- Greg Tribble: 6.7 PTS, 1.3 STL, 41.2 FG%, 22.2 3PT% (4-for-18)
Miami (OH) Team Leaders
- Dae Dae Grant: 16.8 PTS, 43.6 FG%, 32.3 3PT% (42-for-130)
- Mekhi Lairy: 13.5 PTS, 1.3 STL, 40.3 FG%, 31.1 3PT% (32-for-103)
- Precious Ayah: 9.7 PTS, 1.1 STL, 1.5 BLK, 67.0 FG%
- Dalonte Brown: 12.4 PTS, 45.9 FG%, 38.6 3PT% (34-for-88)
- Isaiah Coleman-Lands: 7.3 PTS, 37.6 FG%, 34.3 3PT% (34-for-99)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.