The Appalachian State Mountaineers (14-9, 8-2 Sun Belt) are 4-point underdogs as they try to continue a six-game winning streak when they visit the Texas State Bobcats (13-6, 4-3 Sun Belt) on Thursday, February 3, 2022 at Strahan Coliseum. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup’s over/under is set at 124.
Texas State vs. Appalachian State Predictions
Texas State vs. Appalachian State Betting Odds
|Texas State||-4||124 points|
Texas State vs. Appalachian State Last 10 Games
- Texas State covered the spread three times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Texas State’s last 10 contests saw three hit the over.
- The last 10 Bobcats games averaged 133.2 total points, 9.2 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Bobcats have a points-per-game average 6.7 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Appalachian State is 8-2 overall and 7-3-0 against the spread in its last 10 games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Appalachian State games have exceeded the set total four times.
- The last 10 Mountaineers games averaged 133.1 total points, 9.1 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Mountaineers’ per-game scoring average over their last 10 games is 66.6, 0.8 points lower than their season-long per-game average.
Texas State vs. Appalachian State Betting Trends
- Texas State has registered a 5-10-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Bobcats are 4-5 ATS when playing as at least 4-point favorites.
- This season, Texas State’s games have hit the over eight times out of 15 chances.
- The Bobcats average 8.5 more points per game (71.2) than the Mountaineers allow (62.7).
- Texas State has a 5-4 record against the spread and a 12-1 record overall when scoring more than 62.7 points.
- Appalachian State has put together a record of 11-10-0 against the spread this season.
- In games this year when an underdog by 4 points or more, the Mountaineers have gone 4-4 against the spread.
- This season, nine of Appalachian State’s games have gone over the point total out of 21 chances.
- The Mountaineers score an average of 67.4 points per game, only 4.2 more points than the 63.2 the Bobcats give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 63.2 points, Appalachian State is 6-5 against the spread and 10-4 overall.
Texas State vs. Appalachian State Over/Under Trends
- This season, 13 of Texas State’s 15 games have gone over Thursday’s over/under of 124 points.
- In Appalachian State’s 21 games this season, 13 have finished with more combined scoring than Thursday’s point total of 124.
- The total for the game of 124 is 14.6 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Bobcats (71.2 points per game) and the Mountaineers (67.4 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 125.9 points per game, 1.9 more than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Bobcats have seen a 133.7 over/under in their games this season, 9.7 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this matchup is 8.8 points fewer than the average over/under in Mountaineers’ games this season (132.8 points).
Texas State Team Leaders
- Caleb Asberry: 13.9 PTS, 1.2 STL, 44.3 FG%, 36.0 3PT% (40-for-111)
- Isiah Small: 11.2 PTS, 7.2 REB, 47.0 FG%, 25.5 3PT% (12-for-47)
- Nighael Ceaser: 8.7 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 60.0 FG%
- Mason Harrell: 10.2 PTS, 48.1 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (15-for-39)
- Shelby Adams: 9.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 51.2 FG%, 54.2 3PT% (13-for-24)
Appalachian State Team Leaders
- Adrian Delph: 17.2 PTS, 43.6 FG%, 40.1 3PT% (67-for-167)
- Donovan Gregory: 10.1 PTS, 1.3 STL, 51.6 FG%
- Michael Almonacy: 9.7 PTS, 33.3 FG%, 29.5 3PT% (36-for-122)
- Justin Forrest: 9.2 PTS, 30.9 FG%, 23.3 3PT% (24-for-103)
- James Lewis: 5.9 PTS, 54.5 FG%
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.