The SMU Mustangs (16-4, 7-1 AAC) will try to continue a five-game win streak when they host the Wichita State Shockers (11-8, 2-5 AAC) on Thursday, February 3, 2022 at Moody Coliseum as 6-point favorites. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is 135.5.
SMU vs. Wichita State Predictions
SMU vs. Wichita State Betting Odds
SMU vs. Wichita State Last 10 Games
- SMU has a 9-1 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- SMU and its opponents have hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The past 10 Mustangs games averaged 6.7 more points (142.2) than this matchup’s point total.
- The Mustangs’ per-game scoring average over their past 10 games is 2.3 points lower than their season-long average.
- Wichita State covered the spread four times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Wichita State games have gone over the set total five times.
- The past 10 Shockers games averaged 0.9 fewer points (134.6) than this matchup’s over/under.
- During the last 10 games, the Shockers are scoring 69.8 points per game compared to their 67.9 season average.
SMU vs. Wichita State Betting Trends
- SMU has put together a record of 10-12-0 against the spread this season.
- The Mustangs have an ATS record of 3-8 when playing as at least 6-point favorites.
- This season, SMU’s games have hit the over 13 times out of 22 chances.
- The Mustangs score 76.1 points per game, 11.8 more points than the 64.3 the Shockers allow.
- When SMU scores more than 64.3 points, it is 10-7 against the spread and 16-2 overall.
- Wichita State has covered the spread eight times over 19 games with a set spread.
- The Shockers are 3-0 ATS when playing as at least 6-point underdogs.
- Games involving Wichita State have hit the over seven times this season.
- The Shockers score only one more point per game (67.9) than the Mustangs give up to opponents (66.9).
- When it scores more than 66.9 points, Wichita State is 3-4 against the spread and 5-2 overall.
SMU vs. Wichita State Over/Under Trends
- This season, SMU and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s total of 135.5 points 18 times.
- This season, seven of Wichita State’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 135.5 points.
- The Mustangs average 76.1 points per game against the Shockers’ 67.9, totaling 8.5 points over the matchup’s total of 135.5.
- This matchup’s total is 4.3 fewer points than the 131.2 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2020.
- On average, the Mustangs have seen a 142.1 over/under in their games this season, 6.6 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 1.3 points more than the average over/under in Shockers’ games this season (134.2 points).
SMU Team Leaders
- Kendric Davis: 20.1 PTS, 1.4 STL, 45.6 FG%, 38.8 3PT% (50-for-129)
- Marcus Weathers: 11.7 PTS, 7 REB, 56.4 FG%, 41.4 3PT% (12-for-29)
- Michael Weathers: 8.2 PTS, 1.3 STL, 1.1 BLK, 43.7 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (9-for-24)
- Emmanuel Bandoumel: 10.5 PTS, 37.8 FG%, 37.1 3PT% (43-for-116)
- Zach Nutall: 7.7 PTS, 36.1 FG%, 34 3PT% (34-for-100)
Wichita State Team Leaders
- Ricky Council IV: 10.8 PTS, 43.1 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (18-for-55)
- Tyson Etienne: 14.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 34.3 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (50-for-153)
- Dexter Dennis: 8.1 PTS, 1.1 BLK, 36 FG%, 26.8 3PT% (22-for-82)
- Morris Udeze: 10.5 PTS, 51 FG%
- Craig Porter Jr.: 5.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 40.2 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (9-for-26)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.