The Houston Baptist Huskies (6-12, 2-3 Southland) are slightly favored (by 1.5 points) to break a three-game home losing streak when they host the Northwestern State Demons (6-16, 2-3 Southland) on Thursday, February 3, 2022 at 8:00 PM ET. The over/under is set at 147.5 for the matchup.
Houston Baptist vs. Northwestern State Predictions
Houston Baptist vs. Northwestern State Betting Odds
|Houston Baptist||-1.5||147.5 points|
Houston Baptist vs. Northwestern State Last 10 Games
- Houston Baptist covered the spread three times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 2-8 record straight-up in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Houston Baptist games has gone over the set total five times.
- The Huskies’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 144.8 points scored. That’s 2.7 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Huskies have a points-per-game average 2.3 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Northwestern State covered the spread seven times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 3-7 record straight-up in those games.
- Northwestern State’s past 10 outings saw eight go over the total.
- The past 10 Demons games averaged 3.3 more points (150.8) than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Demons’ per-game scoring average during their last 10 games is 73.6, 1.9 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Houston Baptist vs. Northwestern State Betting Trends
- Houston Baptist has covered the spread four times over 14 games with a set spread.
- Houston Baptist’s games have gone over the total five times out of 14 chances this season.
- The Huskies record 9.8 fewer points per game (70.6) than the Demons give up (80.4).
- Northwestern State has gone 10-8-1 against the spread this year.
- The Demons have an ATS record of 9-7-1 when playing as at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- This season, 13 of Northwestern State’s games have gone over the point total out of 19 chances.
- The Demons average just 0.5 fewer points per game (71.7) than the Huskies give up (72.2).
- Northwestern State has put together a 4-0-1 ATS record and a 5-3 overall record in games it scores more than 72.2 points.
Houston Baptist vs. Northwestern State Over/Under Trends
- Houston Baptist and its opponents have combined to outscore Thursday’s over/under (147.5 points) five times this season.
- A total of 12 of Northwestern State’s games finished with a combined score over 147.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 142.3 points per game, 5.2 points fewer than the over/under of 147.5 for this matchup.
- These two teams give up a combined 152.6 points per game, 5.1 more than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Huskies games is 2.9 points fewer than the over/under of 147.5 points in this contest.
- Demons’ games have a total points bet of 148.3 points this season, 0.8 points more than the over/under for this game.
Houston Baptist Team Leaders
- Darius Lee: 15.4 PTS, 8.4 REB, 1.9 STL, 56.2 FG%, 28 3PT% (7-for-25)
- Brycen Long: 8.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 40 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (30-for-84)
- Sam Hofman: 8.6 PTS, 50 FG%, 41.4 3PT% (24-for-58)
- Zion Tordoff: 6.9 PTS, 56.8 FG%
- Jade Tse: 7.6 PTS, 39.3 FG%, 35 3PT% (7-for-20)
Northwestern State Team Leaders
- Kendal Coleman: 14.9 PTS, 9.3 REB, 1.2 STL, 52.7 FG%
- Cedric Garrett: 7.5 PTS, 37.7 FG%, 28.4 3PT% (19-for-67)
- Larry Owens: 7.5 PTS, 57.3 FG%
- Brian White: 6.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 50.5 FG%, 44.4 3PT% (16-for-36)
- Carvell Teasett: 12.8 PTS, 38.3 FG%, 38.5 3PT% (37-for-96)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.