The UMBC Retrievers (9-10, 4-4 America East) are underdogs (+2.5) in their attempt to continue a three-game winning streak when they visit the Albany (NY) Great Danes (9-12, 5-4 America East) at 7:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 2, 2022 at SEFCU Arena. The matchup’s point total is set at 131.5.
Albany (NY) vs. UMBC Predictions
Albany (NY) vs. UMBC Betting Odds
|Albany (NY)||-2.5||131.5 points|
Albany (NY) vs. UMBC Last 10 Games
- Albany (NY) has a 5-5 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- Albany (NY) and its opponents have combined to hit the over in four of those 10 games.
- The Great Danes’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 129.4 points scored. That’s 2.1 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Great Danes have scored 3.1 more points per contest compared to their season-long scoring average.
- UMBC is 3-7 overall and 3-7-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- UMBC and its opponents have combined to hit the over in three of the past 10 games.
- The Retrievers’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 143.3 points scored. That’s 11.8 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Retrievers have scored 4.9 fewer points per contest compared to their 72.5 PPG season-long scoring average.
Albany (NY) vs. UMBC Betting Trends
- Albany (NY) is 9-10-0 against the spread this season.
- The Great Danes have not covered the spread when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites (0-3).
- This season, Albany (NY)’s games have hit the over five times out of 19 chances.
- The 62 points per game the Great Danes average are 7.9 fewer points than the Retrievers give up (69.9).
- Albany (NY) has a 0-2 record against the spread and a 1-2 record overall when putting up more than 69.9 points.
- UMBC has covered the spread in a matchup seven times this season (7-9-0).
- The Retrievers are 2-6 ATS when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- UMBC’s games have gone over the total seven times out of 16 chances this year.
- The Retrievers put up an average of 72.5 points per game, 6.4 more points than the 66.1 the Great Danes allow.
- UMBC has put together a 6-2 ATS record and a 9-3 overall record in games it scores more than 66.1 points.
Albany (NY) vs. UMBC Over/Under Trends
- This season, six of Albany (NY)’s 19 games have gone over Wednesday’s total of 131.5 points.
- In UMBC’s 16 games this season, 11 have finished with more combined scoring than Wednesday’s over/under of 131.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 134.5 points per game, three points more than the total of 131.5 for this contest.
- These two teams surrender a combined 136 points per game, 4.5 more than this contest’s over/under.
- The Great Danes have seen a 133.1 average over/under in their games this season, 1.6 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- Retrievers’ games have a total points bet of 142.6 points this season, 11.1 points more than the over/under for this game.
Albany (NY) Team Leaders
- Jamel Horton: 11.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 41.8 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (15-for-47)
- Matt Cerruti: 11.7 PTS, 1.3 STL, 45.9 FG%, 45.3 3PT% (34-for-75)
- De’Vondre Perry: 13.4 PTS, 1.4 STL, 47.4 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (15-for-44)
- Paul Newman: 4.6 PTS, 60.9 FG%
- Justin Neely: 6.2 PTS, 39.4 FG%, 18.8 3PT% (3-for-16)
UMBC Team Leaders
- Keondre Kennedy: 14.4 PTS, 47.8 FG%, 35.3 3PT% (30-for-85)
- Darnell Rogers: 10.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 35.4 FG%, 30.3 3PT% (30-for-99)
- L.J. Owens: 10.2 PTS, 41.4 FG%, 44.4 3PT% (40-for-90)
- Yaw Obeng-Mensah: 7.5 PTS, 51 FG%
- Jacob Boonyasith: 5.6 PTS, 37.1 FG%, 32.1 3PT% (25-for-78)
College Basketball Picks
Looking for college basketball predictions? Go here for all of our free college basketball picks.